Thread: w3000 RGB Module Drivers

Default w3000 RGB Module Drivers

I have a RGB module from goldenstar laser The w3000. The analogue modulation leaves a bit to be desired. I am assuming I can get better drivers for the Diodes. Any suggestions on drivers and where to get them would be appreciated.

You can get them here, Stanwax laser, Lasershowparts, Lasertack.

Quote Originally Posted by coil1002 View Post
    I have a RGB module from goldenstar laser The w3000. The analogue modulation leaves a bit to be desired. I am assuming I can get better drivers for the Diodes. Any suggestions on drivers and where to get them would be appreciated.
    Could be interesting for the community to know details about such modulation..and why it "leaves a bit to be desired'...just saying..
    and more good drivers also from BBE (PL member), Laserwinkel
    Last edited by jors; 07-23-2017 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    Could be interesting for the community to know details about such modulation..and why it "leaves a bit to be desired'...just saying..
    and more good drivers also from BBE (PL member), Laserwinkel

Its not very smooth when I set up my color analog with log response and I start raising the min voltage on the colors as they start coming in, they look like dashes and dots. I am assuming this is due to slow modulation. Ill try to get a photo later. On my ministar the colors fade in smooth, blended no dashes and dots. The advertised modulation on that is 100 khz. Although the ministar's RGB module is incredibly red heavy (Ill be doing a review on this one soon) the modulation is smooth. The w3000 module I got from Goldenstar has a really good color balance very white, white just not smooth modulation.

so the first three are of the w3000 module Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0235.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	52588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0236.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	458.6 KB 
ID:	52589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0237.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	577.3 KB 
ID:	52590 Very choppy at low levels the next three are of the ministar (ignore the color balance) its very smooth at low levelsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0239.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	52592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0240.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	339.8 KB 
ID:	52593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0241.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	52594
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _MG_0238.jpg  

Thanks! I've tested below drivers:
    Lasertack's
    BBE simpledrive
    Laserwinkel (dual drive)
    LiveLaserSystems (up to 1Mhz)
    Flexmod P3..
    and no one with the 'problem' you describe. All are smooth even @low levels with minor differences.
    I'm not sure if it is due slow modulation...I think not. I got good modulation even at 30khz on DPSS before, and 'current' drivers are usually faster than this.
    Maybe lasing threshold level ("BIAS Current") is set wrong? Have driver SBS implemented?
    Last edited by jors; 07-25-2017 at 06:57.

Hey coil1002! Did you ever get your lower end to work well? I already have the simpledrives here but thinking of getting the w3000 (fits my hobbyist budget) and was wondering if you ever got the stock drivers to work better or did you end up going with something else?