Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 24 - Surfleet Village Hall - Friday 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th April 2018 UK

Yes, just bring some cash to pay for the visit - £10 for a day or £40 for the weekend I think

No Live feeds ? any SMS to text messages
    Jeez lads , I miss a day !

Hopefully make it sat/sun night :-)

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i so wish i could make it, but the timing is impossible...

however, i sent brad a secret dropbox link to a bunch of swami shows.
    Chris... Your abstract shows are amazing!

Brad was kind enough to set his projector and computer up last night so we could watch them. Each show got a round of applause, which I think pretty much summed up our feelings. Brad's little Kvant projector with the 506 (I think) scanners was amazing. Super scanning and crisp colour rendition enhanced the overall experience.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Got any pictures of that projector? Wondering which one Brad used...

Adam

PS: Bounce-castle fan + plastic "sock" with holes in it for outdoor fog distribution is pure genius, BTW!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Oh thank you so much for the kind words. I’m glad they were enjoyed. If you have any photos or video, i’d Love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Chris... Your abstract shows are amazing!

Brad was kind enough to set his projector and computer up last night so we could watch them. Each show got a round of applause, which I think pretty much summed up our feelings. Brad's little Kvant projector with the 506 (I think) scanners was amazing. Super scanning and crisp colour rendition enhanced the overall experience.

Cheers

Jem
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

PS: Bounce-castle fan + plastic "sock" with holes in it for outdoor fog distribution is pure genius, BTW!
    Yeah courtesy of mr. Rob Faulkner. Very smart, we have used this also on a few events.
    Hadn't i come to the UKLEM i would have never known about "the smoke sausage".
    Rob Always has this super kinda top tips from the pro's !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

This was on Facebook but, I'm posting here too. It bears repeating.
    Well... another whirlwind trip over and, after years of threatening to do it, and some non-believers doubting it... I can now finally say I've attended the UKLEM. What a great experience. I love England anyway and was reminded that it's been far too long since I've crossed the pond with any regularity.
    Many thanks of course to Jim for organizing the events and keeping them going all this time and it's nice to see they've reached four days. We're up to five for SELEM and, it's still never enough time to be with those friends who share that common bond of loving this strange light. Some other special thanks include Dimitri Modderman who organizes the DutchLEM and went out of his way to make sure I had no travel issues and make me feel welcomed the night of my arrival. I am suitably impressed with your dedication to finishing the building of your RGB projector and the attention to detail in its construction. For those that don't know, I think he actually "built" this projector about 3 times. Taking it apart, adjusting something, putting it back together, taking it apart, adjusting something, putting it back together, etc. I'm glad you decided to carry it to completion and actually run it in the hall on Sunday.
    Thanks to Carl for putting up with my pestering of getting some shows that I've really enjoyed so far and his patience with copying them over. Your laser harp is amazing and it was cool to actually see one in person. I bought a kit to build one some years ago and, it's a project I'm going to have to give some attention in the near future.
    I shouldn't name names lest I forget someone and, that's a very good possibility so please don't be offended but, it was great to finally associate a face, personality (and an accent) with so many people. Robin, Martin, Andy Con, Rob Faulkner, Nigel, Jem, Paul, Kevin, Aiden, Simon, seeing Dan again (you have a keeper in Emily!)... the list goes on.
    For those that are wondering, there is a lot of similarities between the UKLEM and US based LEM's. Yes there are some differences. FLEM is different from SELEM, which is different from the TexLEM, which is different from the NWLEM, which is different from CarribLEM, which is different from the NELEM which is different from the UKLEM but, that's what makes them all so worthwhile to attend. There are lasers of all shapes and sizes, there are shows of various styles, there is building, fixing and repairing, trading and buying, there is learning, there are different faces but, interestingly enough, I found myself looking at similarities. How "this" person at the UKLEM reminds me of the role of "that" person at SELEM. Who are the "gas" people. Who are the solderers. Who are the ones fascinated by history and bringing something like the Laser Chorus back to life. Who are the ones huddled around a 'scope trying to get it to breath life?
    We really hope that some of you will give some serious consideration to make the trip to come to SELEM. I think you will find, as I did, that while different, the meet and the people are very much the same. Yes, we have to have a bit more organization because of its size but, we also work very hard to make sure that whatever area of lasers you are into, you've got something to fill your senses and be worthwhile. Flying back I made the decision that I am going to be announcing something soon to help "sweeten the pot" in an effort to make it a more affordable trip for some lucky UKLEM person.
    Finally, I seriously want to thank Rob Stanley. For taking the time to help me in mounting and setting up my single mode diodes and setting your drivers. For creating an awesome show to a tune called Chicago and allowing me to have a copy. Which has in turn, turned me on to the Deep House genre and I'm itching to set it up and play it in my venue. And... for just general, all around awesomeness. Not just for me but for all of those you have given so much of your time and experience to over the years. You my friend, are a rock star and I am both pleased and humbled to have had the opportunity to meet and interact with you.
    How soon can April 2020 get here?? I'mma be back! And hope to drag some other folks with me.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Got any pictures of that projector? Wondering which one Brad used...

Adam

Ya just gonna have to join Facebook Adam , I hate to say it but it's much more user friendly for posting photo's etc. Sadly, I was too busy being mesmerised by the shows to think about taking pictures. I do know some of the others took video so I guess they'll appear on here eventually.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

There is a pic of Jim looking at Chris Tate's Fuck Show on there too. (Adam IS on Facebook - just not that often recently.... sorta like here. )
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

who on facebook do i have to stalk^H^H^H^H follow to see pics of uklem?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    There is a pic of Jim looking at Chris Tate's Fuck Show on there too. (Adam IS on Facebook - just not that often recently.... sorta like here. )
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.