Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 24 - Surfleet Village Hall - Friday 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th April 2018 UK

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post

Any structure to it? No

Is there a sound system and, will people sit and watch any shows if I brought them? Yes

Oh, and is there a Buy/Sell/Trade area set aside for things? Yes
    The LEM's over here tend to take on a life of their own. Whether it be stripping down a 'Scope' to tinkering with small projectors to playing with VR stuff/Drones/Fireworks/decorating Con's car with fairy stickers etc etc etc. Everybody flits around just doing whatever takes their fancy at that particular moment. This is what makes them so great, it's just basically a sort of free for all, but somehow it just works wonderfully.

I have a small projector that you are welcome to use for any graphic/abstract shows (lovely tight beams).

Just relax, go with the flow and you'll have a fantastic time. The banter is second to none, although it may take you a short while to adjust to the "English' sense of humour (with a second 'U' ).

Looking forward to finally meeting you.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

as jem said really, there are projectors running all day so you can sit and play with lasers, some people run shows so you can watch them, lots of parts in the kitchen if you like that sort of thing, im sure jim will be drilling holes in his car, if you like modding ya car. there will be a ton of sweets, jager shots, laser engraving, 3d printing, drones. im sure steve will bring a lawn moawer to trim the grass. there will be car park action when it gets dark, fireworks, decerating cars.

the list is endless and if you want serious, you will be in the wrong place...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    im sure steve will bring a lawn moawer to trim the grass.
    This is the best.

Looking forward to it Brad! It's been a while since we last caught up.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

All sounds good! Basically sounds like a LEM Counting down the minutes.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i keep checking under my couch cushions, but no sign of plane tickets. ;(
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

SO what you're saying is.... I need to finally buy some shows to take over to show these guys, so you can... in turn, then purchase a plane ticket, right??
    PM Sent...

Yeah Brad, bring Swami over!
    Would love to meet him in real life and talk about his lovely abstracts, visible and invisible lasers ;-)
    I finished packing up last night, have all the parts to make a new RGB projector. Just some drilling, tapping and wiring to be done. Hope to get far. Will do dichros at home with Bart for both projectors (also redo the one i built last year). Both need to be ready for festival season ;-)

Look forward meeting you, if you respond to my PM on FB we can reach you when we arrive in the Mermaid Inn tomorrow night and go for some food with the four of us.

See you tomorrow Brad. Have a safe flight.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i so wish i could make it, but the timing is impossible...

however, i sent brad a secret dropbox link to a bunch of swami shows.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Yeah Brad, bring Swami over!
    Would love to meet him in real life and talk about his lovely abstracts, visible and invisible lasers ;-)
    I finished packing up last night, have all the parts to make a new RGB projector. Just some drilling, tapping and wiring to be done. Hope to get far. Will do dichros at home with Bart for both projectors (also redo the one i built last year). Both need to be ready for festival season ;-)

Look forward meeting you, if you respond to my PM on FB we can reach you when we arrive in the Mermaid Inn tomorrow night and go for some food with the four of us.

See you tomorrow Brad. Have a safe flight.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Attachment 53819
    Made it! Plane, tube, two trains and a bus. The hardest part of the whole thing was finding the damn long term parking lot at the craptastic Newark Liberty sorry excuse of an airport. Gonna be a fun weekend!
    PM Sent...

Can I just turn up to this? Never been to one before.