Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your lighting for smaller parties etc...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That Sound Switch does look like an interesting bit of kit and I'd be interested to hear how it works out it you go that route.
    The ST-132 stands are beasts as norty mentioned and I have 3 of them for my trussing. I am in the process of looking at some smaller crank stands (like the ST-90) though for some of my DJ type lighting as I'm getting too old to "hand over hand" lift up standard T stands with a bunch of weight on them by myself. I got the actual T bars made for the ST-132 a couple weeks back and used them at SELEM and they worked well and held 45 pound 12 watt projectors without an issue. That's not my intended use all of the time but, for this one show we did for the town of Newton, they did what I needed the to do. I'd MUCH rather have the 12 watts sitting on top of a flat plate than hanging from a clamp on a T bar!
    Invest in the Smoke Factory Tour Hazer II. Key word there is "invest". Good hazers aren't cheap but make all the difference in the world and, will likely hold their value if and when you ever decide to let someone pry it out of your cold, dead hands. I've got DF-50's but, am seriously looking at the Tour Hazer before the SELEM special pricing from Pangolin goes away.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    DO NOT think about having rigging equipment built unless you have some way of getting it certified. You are going to be hanging heavy things probably over some people, it needs to be right.
    The ST132 stands are very good value for money and hold an incredible amount of weight for the cost (85Kg)
    Buy a Tour Hazer or Base Hazer Pro. Its a good investment. Some of the favourite pieces of kit I own.
    Don't worry about the lifespan of LEDs, something else on the head will no doubt go first, and in most cases the light engine is a replaceable part anyway.
    Check out the Chauvet Qspot 360 LED if you can find any. They fit the bill in terms of functionality, although maybe a little bit light on output for 1000 people rooms. I owned the same units branded as Showtec in the UK for about 3 years and they were a good affordable reliable head. Don't buy the earlier 260, they had issues with the LED.
    10-4. Words of wisdom... I wasn't sure how heavy those lights were but of course would need something that could support the light and the erratic movement of the lights themselves.

KVANT has the Tour Hazer and I was considering that due to some outside venues I would be doing. I have heard those are pretty good for that... I guess it all depends on wind etc...

And I just looked up those 360's.. hell I can't find a clean demo video or any for sale.

Will definitely look at it and let you know. I am on the verge of getting it. Would be good to automate the show if I can figure out if I can run it along side my DJ. Or be able to fade it out and take over on my side without killing the mood.

I am fortunate to have KVANT here in Orlando.. I can go over there and harass them... though I am sure they hate me right now. They are good guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    That Sound Switch does look like an interesting bit of kit and I'd be interested to hear how it works out it you go that route.
    The ST-132 stands are beasts as norty mentioned and I have 3 of them for my trussing. I am in the process of looking at some smaller crank stands (like the ST-90) though for some of my DJ type lighting as I'm getting too old to "hand over hand" lift up standard T stands with a bunch of weight on them by myself. I got the actual T bars made for the ST-132 a couple weeks back and used them at SELEM and they worked well and held 45 pound 12 watt projectors without an issue. That's not my intended use all of the time but, for this one show we did for the town of Newton, they did what I needed the to do. I'd MUCH rather have the 12 watts sitting on top of a flat plate than hanging from a clamp on a T bar!
    Invest in the Smoke Factory Tour Hazer II. Key word there is "invest". Good hazers aren't cheap but make all the difference in the world and, will likely hold their value if and when you ever decide to let someone pry it out of your cold, dead hands. I've got DF-50's but, am seriously looking at the Tour Hazer before the SELEM special pricing from Pangolin goes away.