Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LaserDock (Dongle) - Not a fan of their support nor their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Agreed although, I try to eliminate dumb stuff first - since I am. Download and reinstall the software - perhaps on a second computer. Try a different ILDA cable. Just for shits and giggles. (I have a Laserdock as well and no... that's not what it's supposed to look like. )
    Okay so im not completely crazy!

I tried a diff pc (not mac) this time and same thing.

I am using the same driver. reinstalled.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

totally looks like a blanking timing issue. i'll ping my contact at wickedlasers and talk to him about it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

https://vimeo.com/231480542

Here is the beyond playing a clip for reference

I'll google that. I'm lost now lol

Agree with Chris and David - the blanking shift is off.

Not sure how to adjust that setting when running the Laserdoc software though. (Gotta be in the config somewhere, right?) But the fact that you don't have visible tails when running stuff in Beyond but you do have them when using the Laserdoc means that the problem is not in your projector or cabling.

Blanking timing (also known as blanking shift, blanking offset, or blanking delay) is the delay (usually measured in points) between the X/Y point data and the color modulation signals. Since scanners are mechanical devices, there is a delay between the time a given X/Y point command is sent to the scanners and the time that the mirrors actually arrive at that location. The color modulation signal must be delayed by an equal amount of time so that the color data arrives at the projector at the same time that the scanners actually reach a given X/Y coordinate.

In your case, this timing is not set correctly. A typical setting is 3 or 4 points delayed.

Adam

There is no blanking shift in laserOS yet.. I already suggested to WL.
    You should go to the reddit page of wicked lasers.. it's not bad software at all.. it has a lot of cool laser games n stuff!

My Laserdock has exactly the same issue when plugged to an older Kvant Spectrum with Cambridge 6215-HPs and Kvant amps. No problem at all with any other dac and software. Beyond, Mamba, Maxwell, LSX and their respective dacs display sharp tails and correct timings. I ordered mine right when they came out to the market. Maybe a faulty firmware/hardware case?

Fred.

Just another data-point:

I tried my ML DAC against my Etherdream 1 DAC at 30Kpps in LSX and the trails (minor on red due to a diode driver adjustment that is required) are the same between the two. I'm using a home-built projector here in my office that is generally reliable.

I also tried LaserDock's 0.8.8 and 0.9.3 versions of their software and didn't see any trails to speak of, although they are probably running closer to 20Kpps. I noticed in 0.9.3 that they introduced a "Latency Compensator" with an auto-calc function. (Its under Settings-Advanced)

I don't know how they would auto-calc laser response time latency, so I assume that its is something to compensate for USB based latency? I couldn't see any difference.

-David

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'm sure the latency compensator is audio->laser latency, not modulation timing latency.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Just another data-point:

I tried my ML DAC against my Etherdream 1 DAC at 30Kpps in LSX and the trails (minor on red due to a diode driver adjustment that is required) are the same between the two. I'm using a home-built projector here in my office that is generally reliable.

I also tried LaserDock's 0.8.8 and 0.9.3 versions of their software and didn't see any trails to speak of, although they are probably running closer to 20Kpps. I noticed in 0.9.3 that they introduced a "Latency Compensator" with an auto-calc function. (Its under Settings-Advanced)

I don't know how they would auto-calc laser response time latency, so I assume that its is something to compensate for USB based latency? I couldn't see any difference.

-David
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.