Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LaserDock (Dongle) - Not a fan of their support nor their product.

Exclamation LaserDock (Dongle) - Not a fan of their support nor their product.

Their support is non existent. All I get is, maybe it's your laser or we don't have anyway of adjusting anything. You would think that wicked laser would support the dongle and also try to get it fixed.

There are lines running through all of the graphics. I don't know the technical term but basically if you were to turn the scanners up high on a graphic and you see it distort, this is what it's doing.

Being new to the laser community I asked them if maybe the settings from beyond were held in someway on the laser so when I used it with their dongle, if it could be the reason it was all distorted. The rep who won't give his/her name was just a smart ass.

He/She advised me that Beyond and the LaserDock dongle are separate intimates and don't work with one another. Okay, so I get the settings aren't retained. So I asked them if essentially there was any support.

I got a smart remark saying "I don't know what your problem is because I wasn't answering any questions"? IT was the other way around... I was trying to get support, even telling them I would send them whatever they needed to help resolve this. Then advised me KVANT would have to help me as they could not.

Avoid this company and their @#$%y product/support.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

How about shooting some pictures of the affected graphics please, at both a small scan angle and at a large scan angle. "lines running through it" suggests a sixty percent chance its an issue with retrace blanking and may be fixable.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Absolutely, when I get home I would be more than happy to! Would be great if this was fixable by someone here! Even if user error.. as I explained to them I am new to this and would love any assistance. However I was pretty much left on my own and told to go to Kvant.

In the video that I have I did not do the shrinking down while on camera but did while playing with the dongle. The end result was the same, still he lines/distortion.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Not to insult your intelligence but, for sake of reference, since I know you are new, nothing about Beyond (or any software) should leave any remnants (sp) of settings in a projector. (Except for maybe on a SD card) That would be akin to having problem playing a DVD with a DVD player on your television and, wondering if a previously connected cable box was causing an issue with a TV causing your DVD to skip. It just doesn't work that way as there isn't any type of memory like that in a laser projector.
    Also, while the LaserDock can be used as a DAC for a few software packages, it won't do anything with Beyond. But, I'm pretty sure you knew this. Is this using Wicked's own proprietary software program for the LaserDock?
    PM Sent...

Not insulting me. Ignorance is bliss.. it would be just as easy to have memory on the system that retains settings. Lots of devices do this so not out of the question for a laser.

And yes the dongle has its own software which has almost no settings at all. This is why they pretty much told me I was f.....

Doesn't matter what size I do it, exactly the same thing.

Kvant clubmax 2000 with Saturn 1s.

Cant say for certain what the cause is, but that sure *looks* like an issue with the blanking timing!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Agreed although, I try to eliminate dumb stuff first - since I am. Download and reinstall the software - perhaps on a second computer. Try a different ILDA cable. Just for shits and giggles. (I have a Laserdock as well and no... that's not what it's supposed to look like. )
    PM Sent...

I just tried LaserOS 0.9.3Beta with a dongle. I tried a bunch of games and some visuals but didn't see those strange lines.