Thread: Steady frame rate in QS/LSX/Lasercam

Default Steady frame rate in QS/LSX/Lasercam

i'm looking to get a constant, steady frame rate, in any of these programs. preferably all of them, but ill take whatever i can get.

or, if there's a way to export something from any of these programs, and then use ILD SOS to perhaps give them a steady frame rate, that would work too.

basically, i'm looking to mix/morph audiorate oscillators with ILDA animations using my analog laser console, on most animations, i need to constantly "re-tune" the oscillator to stay in tune with the frequency of the animation as it's playing, because it drifts up and down. on frozen ILDA single frames this technique is simple, but for animations i can't seem to figure out how to do it unless the point count/frame rate stays consistent. is this possible?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

sure.. with LSX you can export an ILDA frame stream locked to a constant frame rate:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.57.17 PM.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	52918

Quote Originally Posted by maxcady View Post
    i'm looking to get a constant, steady frame rate, in any of these programs. preferably all of them, but ill take whatever i can get.

or, if there's a way to export something from any of these programs, and then use ILD SOS to perhaps give them a steady frame rate, that would work too.

basically, i'm looking to mix/morph audiorate oscillators with ILDA animations using my analog laser console, on most animations, i need to constantly "re-tune" the oscillator to stay in tune with the frequency of the animation as it's playing, because it drifts up and down. on frozen ILDA single frames this technique is simple, but for animations i can't seem to figure out how to do it unless the point count/frame rate stays consistent. is this possible?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

thanks swami, i think i missed your post here cuz i messaged u on facebook too about this just a couple days ago, sorry hehe. whats high speed and playback speed? is one realtime and the other writes to disk and saves as fast as possible? why would you choose one over the other?

do we know if its a true 30 frames per second or if its 29.97 etc? i know that some programs say one thing, but its actually something else, and sometimes they say one thing and its actually that thing.

no worries

i assume playback speed is a 1:1 ratio of display and save the frame and highspeed may just be saving the frames to disk as quickly as possible. i'm not sure. since laser display isn't based on annoying video clock frequencies, i assume it's true 30, but i've never investigated.

thanks swami, i think i missed your post here cuz i messaged u on facebook too about this just a couple days ago, sorry hehe. whats high speed and playback speed? is one realtime and the other writes to disk and saves as fast as possible? why would you choose one over the other?

do we know if its a true 30 frames per second or if its 29.97 etc? i know that some programs say one thing, but its actually something else, and sometimes they say one thing and its actually that thing.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

i'm still struggling to achieve what i hope is possible. maybe frame rate is not the solution i thought it would be. basically i'm looking to convert ILDA animations generated with lasercam or quickshow into animations that have the exact same number of points in every frame, and also a constant frame rate. im hoping this will allow me to process the animations i make the same way i process my still frames (using other tuned sources in my synths)

possible with ILDSOS or LSX?

i'm still struggling to achieve what i hope is possible. maybe frame rate is not the solution i thought it would be. basically i'm looking to convert ILDA animations generated with lasercam or quickshow into animations that have the exact same number of points in every frame, and also a constant frame rate. im hoping this will allow me to process the animations i make the same way i process my still frames (using other tuned sources in my synths)

possible with ILDSOS or LSX?
    i don't know if ILDSOS lets you force a specific point count. i haven't spent much time with it. i can poke at it and attempt to generate some content for you to play with, if you'd like.

that would be really cool. i have ildsos and have tried it as well, not sure i was doing it right, i couldnt get it to make an animation stay on point, pun intended. maybe try using a flickery file generated by lasercam or something, or something that would be quite obvious?