Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting kind of thin on real posts

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    If anyone tries to marry the high and low power diodes please let me know. I'm long on ideas and short on ability to make them real.
    ... I'm on the way to "marry" different diodes - but not "low with high power" ... more like "high with even higher"

But this is not meant for shows; more for material processing, fusing, melting and welding.

Until now I've got more than hundred different diodes, most of them are fibercoupled NIR-diodes with 9Watts@975nm out of 105µm fibers ... but too have 8 with 25Watts, some ten with 5 Watts, then a "bundled" diode module with 20Watts@652nm out of a 0,7mm FSMA-fiber ... and several blue 445nm diodes with 2, 3.5 and 6Watts to get some wavelength-variations in the spot (maybe interesting to overcome reflectivity thresholds).

This, in combination with the 1064nm/1070nm fiber-lasers with 50, 60 and 85Watts CW will sum up to a pretty "beefy" laser head!

One problem could be sourcing the power -- my home line in the basement is fused with 36Amps per phase ... will give max. 3x 8400 VAC, so limited to rougly 20 kiloWatts CW

Viktor

That's a good idea for a new section. Materials processing. I'd be interested in seeing more 3d printing and laser cutting related diy.

Oh god I want one of those video toasters on steroids! Yea I never tried video with laser cuz I just didn't. The point of this thread was just see if there is any life left. Looks like there is.

I don't care if an audience notices the extras in my art. It's the art for arts sake. I understand those in this for money but then there are those of us who do it for the love of the effort. Sears wall hanging verses starry starry night....
    LOL - I stretched and hung a couple Van Gogh paintings (reproduced in China) just last month. But yes, I get the point. Be sure to post videos here as I don't Facebook.

I'm long on ideas and short on ability to make them real.
    I'm happy to steal good ideas if I can apply them to my environment so keep thinking!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

That's a good idea for a new section. Materials processing. I'd be interested in seeing more 3d printing and laser cutting related diy.
    ... do you know the "laser-section" in the RepRap-forum? - http://forums.reprap.org/list.php?133

Viktor

Nope but I do now. Thanks! I pretty much only come here.

... there are several dedicated forums for laser-engraving and such -- but I'm mostly active in (some) German ones ... the "RepRap laser-cutter sub-forum" is an exception, as RepRap is my "home"-forum, sort of

Viktor

About the only posting activity I get on my forum; http://laserboy.org/forum/ is freaking Russian spammers!

Lots of people read it but not many post there.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    ... is freaking Russian spammers!
    ... yes -- it's the same on another forums, where I'm only busy removing spams

Viktor

It's relentless. I get the max amount of posts one can do in one day, every time.
    Last edited by james; 10-08-2017 at 09:25.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Wow I'm really pulling in the fish with this thread. How are you James? Been a long time. Anything new in laserboy land? Have you tried any of the new cheap multi output dac chips? You can get right channels for next to nothing now with almost zero external parts needed. The sabre line comes to mind. Ak4373 is cool cuz it could also be for your stereo. Now you get laser today and tunes in the evening. Even does dsd 256