Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upgrading from 12k to 20k, worth it?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you might take a look at dragon tiger galvos and amps. they're the best of the chinese amps i've worked with. jian725 (from DT) is a forum member and i'm sure he can answer any questions you have.

Quote Originally Posted by helium View Post
    $350 (€296) for the scanner is fine. It starts to get expensive when you bring the amp into the equation. The cheapest I've seen the 506 + Kvant amp for in Europe is €679. So does this mean the amp board costs €383? I know there's tuning involved but.......I guess I'm talking form a hobby point of view here when I mention 'expensive'. Pity we have to pay so much for the amp especially as it is such a good scanner.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks for the response Ryan, I guess a lot of it is down to volume and country of origin for the components.
    Thanks Swamidog for your input, there's always the DT40, at $280 a set, how do they do it? I know you've been very complimentary regarding these scanners in the past.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by helium View Post
    Thanks for the response Ryan, I guess a lot of it is down to volume and country of origin for the components.
    Thanks Swamidog for your input, there's always the DT40, at $280 a set, how do they do it? I know you've been very complimentary regarding these scanners in the past.
    i've been using a the same dt40w set for about 6-7 years now. they have some resonance issues that most people would not see. other than that, they've been really quite amazing.

this is 30K at 16 degrees.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.