Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FB3QS with QuickShow

Laser Warning FB3QS with QuickShow

I'm considering the FB3QS with QuickShow 3. I would like to get experienced opinions with this system. Please add your pros and cons, thank you.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dhg6 View Post
    I'm considering the FB3QS with QuickShow 3. I would like to get experienced opinions with this system. Please add your pros and cons, thank you.
    it would help if we knew what style of laser performance you have in mind.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Nothing professional, I will be linking it to my 1 watt RGB 20kps projector. I have an I show but the software is horrible to custom make animations. The built in cues work perfectly though but I want to design my own custom animation sequences with an audio track. The Pangolin website seems awesome and they have already sent me information with a $100.00 off for the FB3QS with QuickShow 3. I'm very close to pulling the trigger!

You can`t go wrong with QS.

The software is easy to use as a novice, and offer a lot of features to explore as you get more experienced. If you would like to walk the road to more abstract graphics, the LSX software might be a better choice. Swamidog is probably the world leading producer of abstract lasershows, and LSX is hos tool of choice. (And the results are breathtaking). The learning courve for LSX is quite steep, and myself did not have the patience to get skills to get the result i wanted.

QS is as said easy to learn - and powerful enough to do most things possible with a single laser. As your projector have 20K scanners, there are limitations for doing advanced graphics. QS and FB3 will produce the best result possible for your projector.

I find the timeline and making shows in QS quite easy, and with some training you will be able to do quite amazing things.

Remember that you actually just pay for the FB3. If you later decide to move up to Beyond, and upgrade price will be cheaper than buying the full packet. If you are just going with one projector, i can`t see the real need for beyond.

Hope this is useful for you.

(If you hang around here at PL - now and then, used FB3 are offered from members for less money than new ones)

Espen
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

EASY. TO. USE.

It just works out of the box. Install the Quickshow software, connect the cables/projector, and press the big "Enable Output" button and it works, EVERYTIME. I wish my printer was this easy to use.

The frustration to power ratio of the Quickshow software approaches zero. Even advanced features are pretty easy to figure out.

There are tons of in depth tutorials on Youtube, posted by Pangolin, and if you still need help, Pangolin has some pretty amazing customer service.

I am having trouble coming up with a list of cons. I guess the randomness in the Virtual Laser Jockey can repeat some frames too often. And, there are other styles of abstract generation that are not easily replicated with Quickshow (e.g. formulas).

You will be happy with Quickshow.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

quickshow is great for live button mashing, and it has a timeline based show editor, but it's a little rudimentary. it's mostly geared to the lower end dj / hobby market. i've used it for live shows, but my real passion is doing abstract shows that are perfectly synched to music with weird complex melty visuals which quickshow is not so well suited for.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quickshow is really is to use and very innovative.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Web Designer at Petstreetmall
    "We are your pet supplies expert"
    Last edited by khouji; 11-15-2017 at 15:23.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

As has been mentioned, Quickshow is a Swiss Army knife of tools that are very simple to use. It does a lot of things very well and has a ton of support. There are certainly other programs such as the previously mentioned LSX that absolutely excel in certain areas far better than Quickshow but lack in others to make them a complete solution. Every piece of software likely has areas that it excels including Moncha, Beyond, Phoenix, ect., but for an all around capable solution Quickshow is really hard to beat.
    PM Sent...

Pangolin is big on customer satisfaction. They host a forum as well. Getting good help usually happens same or next day. And Pangolin owners are quick to help as well.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-