Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lorentz attractor and analog computers

Default Lorentz attractor and analog computers

Been playing with analog computers and built up a Lorentz attractor generator. Thought some you might enjoy this. Working next on mandelbrot in analog. The issue is thinning the data. Too much detail for scanners so a final integrator is needed but will it destroy the result. We shall see. Anyway the Lorentz works fine. I'm playing with this in liquid crystals next for my lumia project. Found a nice matrix display with good density.

- - - Updated - - -

http://users.physics.harvard.edu/~ho...isc/lorenz.htm

Forgot

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

aron bacs did an excellent lorenz generator in laser. let me see if i can dig up the video.

i'm strangely attracted to this abstract

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Been playing with analog computers and built up a Lorentz attractor generator. Thought some you might enjoy this. Working next on mandelbrot in analog. The issue is thinning the data. Too much detail for scanners so a final integrator is needed but will it destroy the result. We shall see. Anyway the Lorentz works fine. I'm playing with this in liquid crystals next for my lumia project. Found a nice matrix display with good density.

- - - Updated - - -

http://users.physics.harvard.edu/~ho...isc/lorenz.htm

Forgot
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

That looks a lot better than my result. You really have to play with the constants. Manelbrot however it's spelled in analog next if possible with zoom. Think point filter will be essential

Very exciting!

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

I have the design. Once it's tested I'll release the gerber files and bom. Let me know if you want differential output or just patch bay to ilda db25. I was thinking to make a two in one. Half is the attractor and the other a single in differential out ilda patch bay. Would be handy in itself to patch in audio signals from synths and such. Xy rgb only. Single input to differential output. With patch points.

The board posted was a fail. New design...

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I have the design. Once it's tested I'll release the gerber files and bom. Let me know if you want differential output or just patch bay to ilda db25. I was thinking to make a two in one. Half is the attractor and the other a single in differential out ilda patch bay. Would be handy in itself to patch in audio signals from synths and such. Xy rgb only. Single input to differential output. With patch points.
    Can you post your new design?

Quote Originally Posted by khouji View Post
    Can you post your new design?
    for sure but you already have it. see the link to the Harvard paper. That's where I got it.

If you mean with the patch bay and single to diff out via ilda yes that as well. Might do that as separate board. No secret sauce on this. It's all standard.
    Those myp multipliers are expensive so make sure you get it right.

If I get enough interest I'll have boards made. So far I have two requests. Need like 20 to make it worth while. I'll also provide the file I used if you want to order one but its from a place in Colorado usa and proprietary. I will only supply boards. I'm not stuffing them.

I see another error. I was thinking moog modular. This can not output bipolar 15v or the ilda input is toast. Need to reduce to 5v or put an element to limit it on the output.

just checked chip works at 5v so just reduce vcc vdd