Thread: 1 Watt 532 unit

Default 1 Watt 532 unit

I have watched a lot of e-bay auctions ending with 1 watt units being sold for around 1K. Why is it so hard for the manu's to let out lasers at a good price so the hobbiest can play on a higher level? I have not had any luck with any e-mails sent to various places so I guess I may have to place a bid sometime to see if I can grab one reasonably. I figure $1 / mW is a very fair price. I want it for beamshows only so it can be TTL......maybe a little cheaper. Any comments.....suggestions besides selling the lawnmower to help pay for it? Offers from ?????
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

The truth is that those 1000mw modules do no more then 500mw of visible green.

I/R contamination problem or 1064nm? Please go on a bit more....learning curve before a purchase needs to be flattened.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

1064nm IR will be 400mW in that $1000 green lasers.

Just to compare prices..
    CNI 1W is 2500$
    CNI 500mw is 1300$
    So About 400mw-300mw.

1 watt Vishao is around 2000USD incl shipping

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Cool

Hi Mike;

I think DR. Laser's point is that for $1000, you can't buy a watt of green anywhere, and especially not in a CNI laser, since they tend to be more expensive than other brands. So it's conceivable that the lasers that extreme is selling have had the IR filter removed.

When you do this, the laser will indicate a much higher power when you check it with a power meter, because the leaking IR registers as additional power. (It's not a linear effect, mind you, because the wavelength is different, but it will still cause erroniously high readings.) Now, if you move the power meter far away from the head, the power will drop off because the IR spreads out faster (higher divergence) and a lot of it will end up missing the sensor. So that is one way you can check it when you actually have the laser in your hand.

If they really are CNI lasers, then based on the cheap price they're probably rated for 400-500 mw of optical output at the most. But if you remove the IR filter, they will appear to be more powerful, at least when checking with a meter.

Personally, I have never bought anything from Extreme Lasers. But I have heard people complain that some of the lasers they sell are missing the IR filter. Admittedly, this was on lower-power lasers, not a 1 watt laser...

I suggest you contact them and ask them *very specific* questions about the IR filter. If they admit that there isn't one, then you know it's a scam and they're actually selling a 400 mw laser (with a boat-load of leaking IR) as a 1 watt laser.

Adam

I've just checked a bunch of different suppliers...Average price for 1W green is $2000. Even not CNI will sell you 1W for no less then 2000$. So without even going into technical details why....I can say that 1W for $1000 is a scam.