Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dj crossfader/mixer

ah good point about linear stuff. the quad slider module i linked to above that i'm considering is linear. dj mixers aren't linear, i imagine, thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by maxcady View Post

i still feel like i'm missing a piece of the puzzle, does anyone see a clever idea somewhere in here?
    Sliders have two strengths - (1) it's easy to look at a bunch of sliders and SEE just where they're set, and (2) you can make changes on as many as you can reach with your fingers at the same time. They're not particularly good at fast up and down repeated movement - that's where rotary pots come into their own. A cross fade module is a hardwired device that can only do cross fades. The alternative is a gain module built around Analog Multipliers - depending on the inputs to the multipliers you can do gain, symmetry, cross fade, spiral, diamond spiral, and audio mod.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Arrow Much needed :)

Quote Originally Posted by maxcady View Post
    ah good point about linear stuff. the quad slider module i linked to above that i'm considering is linear. dj mixers aren't linear, i imagine, thanks for pointing that out.
    Hi! Building an Eurorack for laser control, really in need of a crossfader for X/Y.
    Just two sources.

Did you build anything that works for you? Iīd be super-interested. I donīt mind the patch cables
    Last edited by thunderlaser; 02-25-2020 at 03:06.

Default Blender module

Hm, could this be an option?

Midwest Modularīs Blender:

BLENDER is a four channel mixer and voltage controlled cross-fader. BLENDER simplies mixing audio and control voltages (CV) by incorporating a single control to blend two signals at a time - also known as a cross-fader.

Two manual cross-faders and a single voltage controlled master cross-fader are provided. This allows you to use BLENDER as two 2 channel mixers and a voltage controlled crossfader all at once seperately, or you can use the VC crossfader to blend between the two mixers.
    Crossfade waveforms! Crossfade at audio rate, or crossfade CV for complex modulation!
    Use BLENDER as a main mixer or as a dynamic control for creating complex control voltages and waveforms from your signal generators.

20 mA +12V
    20 mA -12V
    0 mA 5V

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WMD-SSF-Blender__57969.1502304009.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	56365