Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem with ScannerMax C-506

I've got C506 with those mirrors (or some early prototypes) on DT40 amps that Bill modified.
    You can go quite wide and reasonably fast, but I think fundamentally you need to get yourself 'in tune' with the scanners.
    Look closely at the images you're projecting, and listen, maybe with the lid off the projector (although I find noise with C506 less of an indicator of stress than I do with other scanners)
    The image will tell you when it's working too hard, overshoots, curly corners, rounding of sharp corners, etc.
    Take note of these and take action, either reduce angle or scan speed. If necessary, put more range to the projected surface so you can use a lower angle.
    I know mine well enough now that I can pretty much pop the polyswitch on demand, or ride just under the threshold.
    Laser scanning for me is still quite an organic process - playing with 15k, 20k and progressively better scan sets really teaches you how to get the most out of them in different situations, and how you can balance the speed/size equation for best results.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hello.

I will reduce scanning angle and scanning speed.

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards.
    Juanma