Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: bounce mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by VaThInK View Post
    Can any of you guys tell me what is this bounce mirror used for? I don't get it .

http://www.strictlyfx.com/whats_new/..._lasers_01.jpg

Ah I see. But those effects would be pretty much static isn't it? Unless you can move around the mirror electronically while keeping track of the laser to aim it, right ? If I'm right, I reckon scanners would create much better and more interesting effects than that. I have a feeling that I'm totally wrong on this one .

Ah I see. But those effects would be pretty much static isn't it? Unless you can move around the mirror electronically while keeping track of the laser to aim it, right ? If I'm right, I reckon scanners would create much better and more interesting effects than that. I have a feeling that I'm totally wrong on this one .
    the way to get bounce patterns to "move"is to run different beam chases across them.
    program different sequences and color shifts and run the chases along with the scan show and the whole room dances.
    i find changing the chase speed you can really move with the mood of the music.
    4x speed pumps energy into the show while slower speeds can reflect a change in the mood of the music.(this is in live pro.)
    it's not that bounce patterns are better or worse than scanners,it's the difference between the two that synergizes a show.
    one of the most important things a bounce mirror array does,is it spreads out the point sources and keeps the show interesting without the subtle fatigue that comes from watching all the action originate from one point.
    in practical application,mirrors can help bring the whole venue into the show.
    we can only spread two beams so far apart but with mirrors we can send beams pretty much anywhere we want.
    if the bar is away from the dance floor,no matter.
    i enjoy how each venue shapes what i end up doing with the mirrors.

there are motorized mirrors but i have not used them.
    i wonder if they would stay in alignment in a pattern with multiple bounces.
    Last edited by wes; 08-06-2007 at 09:26.

I get it now. So it supposed to be used in conjunction with scanners as well. It does sounds better. I can picture it in my head. Never seen a real one in action though. Must be a really big shows that uses them both.

I get it now. So it supposed to be used in conjunction with scanners as well. It does sounds better. I can picture it in my head. Never seen a real one in action though. Must be a really big shows that uses them both.
    actually, my mirrors are most important to me with my smallest system.
    it's a servo beam box with a cheesy scanner module for one of the aperture ports.
    without the mirrors it is pretty lame but with mirrors it is stunning.
    i am actually starting to get shows where i just do mirrors for another laserist.

since this thread is in group buys here is a link to a member with bounce mirrors.http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2772
    i'm guessing they are 4"since that's what lumalser(the co. that bought mobolaser)sent me years ago when i bought from them.
    Last edited by wes; 08-06-2007 at 09:46.

Hey,
    I would love to get a hold of about 8- 4' mirrors, has anyone else had intrest in these?

misbeam-
    i bought from highly reflective mirrors and they are in cali.

i got a ten pack of 4"gimbal only mirrors for 349.95us.
    highlyreflectivemirrors.com

also,as i posted above,this guy has some mobolaser mirrors.
    don't know how many.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2772

I always take bounce mirrors and a few mirror balls to my shows. I also have a couple of diffractive mirrors (linear and starburst) which are superb effects to have. Using mirrors well adds a whole new dimension to a show, with lasers appearing to come from every direction within a venue.

Hey Wes,
    Thanks for the info, only about a 35 min drive away! thanks for the info, I am going to buy from there. Thanks!