Thread: need a 12V, high current output power bank

Default need a 12V, high current output power bank

Do such power banks exist? Need it to feed a device requiring 12V at 7A. There are power banks for 19V notebooks that can feed 8A and the 5V power banks only output max 3.
    I understand 12V is less common in notebooks or other home electronics but I still hope there is something out there.

Do you want a Battery Power Bank or a AC Power Supply ???

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

... I'm driving my laserdiode modules and high power UV LED's with "cascadable" constant current drivers with voltages of 8 to 12 V and currents with up to 10 Amps (could be much more too) - built the drivers with 5 (or more) parallel LM338.

Can give you the basic schematics, if you want to build it on your own ...

Viktor

... this is only the PSU (have some with much more Amperes) - my understanding was, that he's searching a controllable (current) driver ?

Viktor

guys... a power bank... a DC rechargable battery pack with a driver to power or charge DC electronic such as mobile phones. Never used those?

Quote Originally Posted by widaxi View Post
    guys... a power bank... a DC rechargable battery pack with a driver to power or charge DC electronic such as mobile phones. Never used those?
    In that case a car battery and regulator and an inverter all off the shelf from an auto parts store. Might even be able to go smaller with motorcycle battery for shorter run time.

i use the same for my telescope. Home Depot also sells a unit with it all built in plus an investor for ac stuff. Was 100.00 here’s an example I bought. They make bigger.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Schumacher-...arter/50223897

Thanks. I actually have a motorcycle battery and 2000W inverter. But as I mentioned, I need a power bank. For good reason, power banks are small, can eb put in your pocket or at least strapped to your belt, or put in your PC case. Motorcycle battery and inverter not really. Besides I need to charge and run a DC device, with this way I need the original AC to DC charger which adds even more components not to mention the efficiency of doing DC to AC and back again.

This might work for you. The specs are correct too. I have used one of these before for jumpstarting a car.

https://www.amazon.com/INNOKA-Portab...r+jump+starter

Of course, it would help if you could tell us what you're planning to power. We might be able to better help you.

great idea .
    Right now want to charge and use a 12V 4A Surface notebook but need it for something else which draws 7A at 12V.