Thread: Lens for lumia

Default Lens for lumia

Ok so I find as I posted different sizes of beam have different results. One thing I notice is a bigger beam on surface makes wispier stuff while tight focus makes more refraction stuff. Optic says you can decrease divergence as you increase beam size. Can you increase beam size and also increase divergence? I actually want more spread. Since this is increasing entropy the universe should be happy. Doing it the other way should not be possible and is not. I’m thinking this will also involve breaking coherence which may not be desired. Tried double convex but I only have one and it spreads too much. I am to control this at will. I’m also going to try a large Plano from a spot light after the lumia to see if that will allow me to control the overall size at distance. I’ve gone down the rabbit hole. Right now this is all based on a laser pointer till I get my drivers from stanwax.

Large beam with large divergence just requires the lens be on the near side of infinity focus. If the lens is on the far side of infinity focus the beam is focused somewhere short of infinity.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Perfect. That worked exactly as needed. My lumia was so small.