Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iShow 2.3 drivers problem

Angry iShow 2.3 drivers problem

Hello !
    I buyed an iShow USB to ILDA box (2.3)
    But I can't install this f*$¤ driver !
    I tried on a Win7 64bits sytem and Win8 64bits sytem, and both are not taking the drivers.
    I also tried with turning OFF the drivers signature verification, I can install the driver but Windows show me a message "this driver will not be activated at windows startup"...
    I saw some posts on this forum about the same problem, but they are all quite old, so if someone has a solution...
    Thanks !

IIRC, iShow still does not run on 64bit OS.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Hi, I have the same problem - tried on both Windows XP and Windows 7 32-bit. Even tried downloading the cypress USB Suite software to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Same problem here, I have been informed that the DAC is half decent, however I had no idea that the drivers were sub standard before I purchased this kit?? frustrated!!!!! Running Windows 7 32bit, has anyone found a solution to the problem yet?:

I have it working on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Email me for drivers dsills@dodo.com.au

Hi,

When I install the driver from the DrivesII map I get "Illegal data" error. Do I have the same problem?
    dsills do you still have the driver? I got the iShow 2,31.

here is some info I saved, the guys deserve the credit, I only copy/paste. I had this still on an open 'notepad' so..

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...012#post304012
    Here is a link to a web page that has download links for the latest IShow 2.3 software and the Win7 32bit driver.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgslqsocinucu1m/W-VYDVhfJw

The software is in split rar files and the driver is in a single rar file. To install the driver (32bit Win 7 OS only), copy the contents of the rar file to a directory. Plug in the IShow DAC. Let it install as an unrecognised device. Go to device manager and find the device. Choose upgrade driver and open the directory you saved the files in. As it installs you will get a message that the driver is uncertified. Click on install anyway. Software should see the DAC now.

It is possible to install Win7 32bit as a virtual machine on a 64bit Win 7 PC (I've done it but you need a separate licence!) and the DAC will work. However there is the possibility of latency issues.

Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Older ISHOW Dacs work with IShow and Spaghetti, that's it. Not sure about the new model. ISHOW is a good way to waste your money. I had it for a brief time on evaluation, and no way would I suggest purchasing. ISHOW was recently bought by another Chinese company and I have not heard of any improvement yet.
    IMHO the problem isn't so much the DAC (although it has it's limitations which I'll come to in a moment), it's the software that lets it down (and by software I include the driver for the DAC not having a 64 bit variant).
    I keep seeing posts saying Spaghetti is a good starting software, well the Ishow DAC could be a good starting hardware if the driver was updated. It limitations are reported to be its KPPS and TTL output for the lasers (I can't verify this as the Ishow software is only TTL. Is Spaghetti analogue capable?) But if you are only using low budget laser projectors then TTL is most likely all you have anyway.

The web page link in my post above was setup by the new owners of Ishow (Xinyu Laser) in an attempt to give everyone that has an Ishow DAC access to the legitimate version of the latest software. I can confirm that the version on the site does work better than the copy I got with my Ishow DAC that was reporting to be the same version (it certainly doesn't crash as much).

The bottom line is not everyone wants to be the next Laserium. Some just want to chuck a few shapes around at a party using coherent light (with safety in mind of course). The Ishow DAC and Spaghetti software appear to be the cheapest, best solution for this if you are prepared to accept the limitations and the OS restriction. If you are, then I can't see that it is a waste of money.

Last edited by WolfMax; Today at 03:59.

same, is there a 6 4 bit driver available?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Last time we checked around here, the rumored 64 bit driver never existed, or was posted and did not work.
    I-Show at this forum is a continuing series of posts about problems. Look at QuickShow, LSX, or even LaserDock as replacements.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by LaserCo View Post
    here is some info I saved, the guys deserve the credit, I only copy/paste. I had this still on an open 'notepad' so..

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...012#post304012
    Here is a link to a web page that has download links for the latest IShow 2.3 software and the Win7 32bit driver.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgslqsocinucu1m/W-VYDVhfJw

The software is in split rar files and the driver is in a single rar file. To install the driver (32bit Win 7 OS only), copy the contents of the rar file to a directory. Plug in the IShow DAC. Let it install as an unrecognised device. Go to device manager and find the device. Choose upgrade driver and open the directory you saved the files in. As it installs you will get a message that the driver is uncertified. Click on install anyway. Software should see the DAC now.

It is possible to install Win7 32bit as a virtual machine on a 64bit Win 7 PC (I've done it but you need a separate licence!) and the DAC will work. However there is the possibility of latency issues.

Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Older ISHOW Dacs work with IShow and Spaghetti, that's it. Not sure about the new model. ISHOW is a good way to waste your money. I had it for a brief time on evaluation, and no way would I suggest purchasing. ISHOW was recently bought by another Chinese company and I have not heard of any improvement yet.
    IMHO the problem isn't so much the DAC (although it has it's limitations which I'll come to in a moment), it's the software that lets it down (and by software I include the driver for the DAC not having a 64 bit variant).
    I keep seeing posts saying Spaghetti is a good starting software, well the Ishow DAC could be a good starting hardware if the driver was updated. It limitations are reported to be its KPPS and TTL output for the lasers (I can't verify this as the Ishow software is only TTL. Is Spaghetti analogue capable?) But if you are only using low budget laser projectors then TTL is most likely all you have anyway.

The web page link in my post above was setup by the new owners of Ishow (Xinyu Laser) in an attempt to give everyone that has an Ishow DAC access to the legitimate version of the latest software. I can confirm that the version on the site does work better than the copy I got with my Ishow DAC that was reporting to be the same version (it certainly doesn't crash as much).

The bottom line is not everyone wants to be the next Laserium. Some just want to chuck a few shapes around at a party using coherent light (with safety in mind of course). The Ishow DAC and Spaghetti software appear to be the cheapest, best solution for this if you are prepared to accept the limitations and the OS restriction. If you are, then I can't see that it is a waste of money.

Last edited by WolfMax; Today at 03:59.
    The Link is Broken!

Please Send-me new link?

Thank you!