Thread: XY2-100-E Controller

Default XY2-100-E Controller

Hello there, I bought a scanlab hurryscan II 10 450-2500nm but I can't find a controller for the XY2-100-E protocol for a low price. The E1803D from HALaser is 300? and even used RTC control cards are +300?. I thought of using a FPGA I/O card like the mesa anything I/O cards, but programming the XY2-100-E protocol is above my programming skills. Is someone aware of a project for a cheaper controller?

... the E1703D should be cheaper ...

Viktor

I think you mean the E1701D, but it still costs 271 EUR

Hi Plutonos,
    I almost finished my XY2-100 controller based on Arduino UNO. But there are still many things which must be addressed like small amount of RAM or too fast UART which must to wait for calculations needed to be processed by chip. Finally transfer from PC will be at rate 1Mbps and external SRAM will be used to record data. Second SRAM chip will be used to storage calculated vectors to be ready to sent to head.
    I have Raylase SS-20 head which I bought one year ago and was also thinking about buying cards or some devices from Halaser or from Chinease eBay, but finally in this spring decided to implement my own solution on cheap controller. On many forums you will hear that this is not possible to do this on slow UNO, but this is not true. It is hard of course, because you must do it in assembler on this slow controller clock, but absolutely possible. At the end of year I'll rewrite this code to faster Beaglebone Black. If you are hurry then buy controller from China for $180 and software is free to download. Regards Radek