Thread: Laser frames conversion

Default Laser frames conversion

What is the best software and hardware to use, for making frames and animations from scratch, using Pangolin hardware?
    the built in file converter in Beyond is just ok, but looking for professional results.

thanks,
    carlos
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

The Advanced Frame Editor in Beyond 4.0 shares most of the professional tools with LivePro so a bit puzzled as to why it's neither professional or suitable. Beyond 3D rivals 3dMax for 3D work.

When you say conversion, are you trying to convert Beyond Files to ILDA?

So, I’m trying to convert client logo’s to laser file format for display within Beyond, the QS built in coverter is not good enough, are u saying i should use The Beyond built in 3d for this?
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

You could try importing it into Beyond 3D if it's a supported file format, and then simply save it to the work space grid - I'm presuming it's in some kind of drawing program format. Personally I'd try and use Beyond rather than QS as Beyond is pro level and QS is consumer level and thus not as advanced in some areas. Trying to convert can always be tricky. The importation of a supported file should produce a better result.

Otherwise, if you can't import, you could obtain a jpeg copy and trace it. Nearly all the logos I've ever done (I'm non commercial btw, just for fun), have been done using Beyond Quick Trace. Sometimes you have to tidy points up afterwards or adjust the logo to ensure enough contrast using Draw 2D, but usually it will be possible unless there are heavy lines or very poor contrast areas. I would assume if it's a drawing format file, it may be possible to re-colour areas or even remove the colour altogether if necessary in the original program (it's easy to paint these back in either of the 2d versions of Beyond draw). If there's any 1 issue that will make tracing difficult to impossible it's heavy lines as these tend to trace double which can cause issues with the overall number of points / beam path length.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    The Advanced Frame Editor in Beyond 4.0 shares most of the professional tools with LivePro so a bit puzzled as to why it's neither professional or suitable. Beyond 3D rivals 3dMax for 3D work.

When you say conversion, are you trying to convert Beyond Files to ILDA?
    3ds max has been existing since MS-DOS as 3D studio.. has a massive company with a VERY large team backing it.. this is why.. beyond 3D is intending to cover less to keep it simpler to use.. it would be overwhelming otherwise.
    unrelated but you can use the fbx import to import more advanced created works as long as physics are baked incase you use them