Thread: Laserworld CS-1000 MKII problem *No surprise there

Default Laserworld CS-1000 MKII problem

I'm aware I should have known better than buying laserworld projectors but they were for a low budget install and I didn't want better kit getting damaged in my absence

I've had 2 x units for around a year now. I run them with quickshow and an FB3. All working fine up to last weekend where they cut out 7hrs into a show. On inspection all three diodes are firing into the unit permanently but the scanners aren't directing the beams out of the box. I've been told its probably the scanners but then why are the diodes permanently enabled? I've got no control over them what so ever. The units were bought about a month apart from different suppliers so if its a hardware fault why has it happened to 2 random, separate units at the same time? I've updated quickshow to 3.0 but no change . Software issue? FB3 fault?

They were bought new but not directly from laserworld so no support given. Anyone on here local to London E8 and want to earn some troubleshooting cash?

Adam
    Last edited by beyond23; 03-08-2018 at 10:51.

Well since nobody else is stepping up...

It's rare that two of anything break exactly the same way at the same time. So if both projectors are hooked up to one FB3 look there first. Look for a single point failure. For example if you've got some sort of buffered ilda splitter perhaps one of it's power supplies blew. An offset circuit with a pot that expects to see +/- 12 volts that just sees one or the other is going to offset hard toward the rail that's present.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Many thanks for your help. I've tested both Ilda cables and the FB3 on another projector and all is fine. Pointing towards the units themselves now but fortunately just got through to a contact at laser world. Fingers crossed some progress soon if not 2 x cheap projectors with be added to the sale / trade section