Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kvant 2.1w Spectrum - Kvant Customised - demo hours only

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I don't believe this ever made it to the LEM so.... it didn't go home with me in my carry on luggage.
    PM Sent...

Yeah sorry about that. I can't make the LEMs.

Will probably end up in classifieds if it doesn't interest anyone on here.

I have one of these as well.. the galvos are LM28.. they are large angle of around 70 degrees from memory but are tuned for "semi 28kpps" and arent that great for graphics at all because of it.. a 506 would beat it any day.
    Anyhow is this the one with the 640 still (because those are awsome) and is it a slightly later model that introduced the fan speed controller? (if not this baby will be loud all the time).

I assume they discontinued lower powered spectrums because they were just too heavy and big at the lower power ratings.. they used one power supply for each module and the cost of the relatively low powered dpss made little sense as 520nm caught on.
    minus the color board ? (was it a low pass filter color board?? kvant never included these in projectors ever from my recollection nor are using them today).
    Last edited by masterpj; 05-09-2018 at 05:03.

Having one of these myself it's quite straightforward to swap in a pair of 506s to replace the existing LMs to get a much improved graphics performance.

James
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

The galvos are perfectly decent for graphics, it's only those at the very high end who are going to want more, in which case as James says, there are 506's that are easily and cheap to fit.

Personally, I've never found it wanting for either graphics or beams as the pictures above show.

As for red colour, it's even better, it's the 637nm with a lovely quoted 640mw of it.