Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kvant 2.1w Spectrum - Kvant Customised - demo hours only

it's a lovely beast. what are the galvos?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    No its' a Spectrum. It's a much higher quality model than the Clubmax's. The cost of building these is why they're now only offered in the 20W+ range. Much heavier casings, Thor Lab mounts, quality dichros, I could go on...

The fact this is essentially new, makes it a very rare beast. (PS my video appears to have disappeared, the link is there so maybe the host is down. Hopefully it should re-appear).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Standard Kvant OEM's.

Lovely machine, but for that price i'd rather buy a new projector from Kvant or Live lasersystems.
    I liked the sentence it has never left the house though. Didn't you bring this to the Showlem that Jem organised ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Lovely machine, but for that price i'd rather buy a new projector from Kvant or Live lasersystems.
    That's fine. The Spectrum is a different quality altogether to the Clubmax's. There was around a 6K price difference new between the Spectrum and Clubmax when they were sold back to back. Clubmax were built cheaper to take on the lower powered Chinese dominated end of the market, which is why Spectrums are still made but only in the 20W+ range where there's less Chinese price competition. Sometimes, you get what you pay for. It's also factory customised by Kvant themselves making it totally unique.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    I liked the sentence it has never left the house though. Didn't you bring this to the Showlem that Jem organised ?
    No that was a Laserworld laser and many many years before I bought the Kvant which was a recent purchase:

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...ght=laserworld
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-11-2018 at 02:55.

I don't believe this ever made it to the LEM so.... it didn't go home with me in my carry on luggage.
    PM Sent...

Yeah sorry about that. I can't make the LEMs.

Will probably end up in classifieds if it doesn't interest anyone on here.

Blog Entries

I have one of these as well.. the galvos are LM28.. they are large angle of around 70 degrees from memory but are tuned for "semi 28kpps" and arent that great for graphics at all because of it.. a 506 would beat it any day.
    Anyhow is this the one with the 640 still (because those are awsome) and is it a slightly later model that introduced the fan speed controller? (if not this baby will be loud all the time).

I assume they discontinued lower powered spectrums because they were just too heavy and big at the lower power ratings.. they used one power supply for each module and the cost of the relatively low powered dpss made little sense as 520nm caught on.
    minus the color board ? (was it a low pass filter color board?? kvant never included these in projectors ever from my recollection nor are using them today).
    Last edited by masterpj; 05-09-2018 at 05:03.

Having one of these myself it's quite straightforward to swap in a pair of 506s to replace the existing LMs to get a much improved graphics performance.

James
    Laser Safety
    http://www.lvroptical.com
    http://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training, Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

The galvos are perfectly decent for graphics, it's only those at the very high end who are going to want more, in which case as James says, there are 506's that are easily and cheap to fit.

Personally, I've never found it wanting for either graphics or beams as the pictures above show.

As for red colour, it's even better, it's the 637nm with a lovely quoted 640mw of it.