Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kvant 2.1w Spectrum - Kvant Customised - demo hours only

Default Kvant 2.1w Spectrum - Kvant Customised - demo hours only

SOLD. Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest.
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-16-2018 at 00:36.

Got some pictures of the unit?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

If that's still around in a few weeks, bring it to the UKLEM. A) It would be good for the shows I'm bringing and B) It could become checked baggage.
    PM Sent...

Thats a very nice aperture!

What are the output powers?
    Like 800mw 450nm / 600mw 532nm / 700mw 638nm?
    And what scan's are in it? Scannermax506 compacts?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

wow... very different than the lower end CM series. is this a current model projector?

what are the galvos? i'm a little surprised to not see a shutter.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Pic showing the Optical Deck (Cover Plate Removed) and Thor Labs adjustable Dichros:

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    wow... very different than the lower end CM series. is this a current model projector?

what are the galvos? i'm a little surprised to not see a shutter.
    No its' a Spectrum. It's a much higher quality model than the Clubmax's. The cost of building these is why they're now only offered in the 20W+ range. Much heavier casings, Thor Lab mounts, quality dichros, I could go on...

The fact this is essentially new, makes it a very rare beast. (PS my video appears to have disappeared, the link is there so maybe the host is down. Hopefully it should re-appear).

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it's a lovely beast. what are the galvos?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    No its' a Spectrum. It's a much higher quality model than the Clubmax's. The cost of building these is why they're now only offered in the 20W+ range. Much heavier casings, Thor Lab mounts, quality dichros, I could go on...

The fact this is essentially new, makes it a very rare beast. (PS my video appears to have disappeared, the link is there so maybe the host is down. Hopefully it should re-appear).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Standard Kvant OEM's.

Lovely machine, but for that price i'd rather buy a new projector from Kvant or Live lasersystems.
    I liked the sentence it has never left the house though. Didn't you bring this to the Showlem that Jem organised ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Lovely machine, but for that price i'd rather buy a new projector from Kvant or Live lasersystems.
    That's fine. The Spectrum is a different quality altogether to the Clubmax's. There was around a £6K price difference new between the Spectrum and Clubmax when they were sold back to back. Clubmax were built cheaper to take on the lower powered Chinese dominated end of the market, which is why Spectrums are still made but only in the 20W+ range where there's less Chinese price competition. Sometimes, you get what you pay for. It's also factory customised by Kvant themselves making it totally unique.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    I liked the sentence it has never left the house though. Didn't you bring this to the Showlem that Jem organised ?
    No that was a Laserworld laser and many many years before I bought the Kvant which was a recent purchase:
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-16-2018 at 00:38.