Thread: Laser showcards

Default Laser showcards

Hi all , what showcards do you use and were do i get one, I have a few Wonsung kits and a fault has developed on the mainboard ,i suspect the main chip which has the pre programmed shows in it. I would like to replace with another show card with or without sd card , can anybody help ?

I bought one of these from GoldenStarLaser, and it works as expected.
    http://goldenstarlaser.com/index.php...ry&path=96_130

It has DMX, ILDA, SD card+slot, X/Y/Z scaling pots (brilliant), and an LCD screen with navigation buttons.
    The LCD UI is confusing and the documentation is poor, but the thing works just fine. I managed to figure it out pretty quickly.
    Great value for the money.

The thing that really impressed me is that it shipped from China to my doorstep (Arizona, USA) in 48 hours. For $75 USD. Kind of amazing, really.

Hi ANDY, Thanks for the info have been on the site and ordered a main board , prices are excellent and i feel like a kid in a candy store, there is so much other stuff i would like and will be ordering more toys in the future. happy lasering Al

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    I bought one of these from GoldenStarLaser, and it works as expected.
    http://goldenstarlaser.com/index.php...ry&path=96_130
    It mentions it has "safety", do you know what that means exactly? Is it like a safety board that cuts out the laser when the beams move too slowly or is it just shutter/interlock integration?

Dont know, havent got board yet ,but on my existing main board no dmx signal gives no laser output , Or could have a bridgeable pair of pins for an interlock. Have you got a part number for this Goldenlaser board or schematics im keen to view, Thanks Al

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    It mentions it has "safety", do you know what that means exactly? Is it like a safety board that cuts out the laser when the beams move too slowly or is it just shutter/interlock integration?
    Nothing as sophisticated as beam speed detection (especially at the $70 price point)--it's a simple E-STOP interlock contact (bypassed with a jumper by default)

Quote Originally Posted by LaserAl View Post
    Dont know, havent got board yet ,but on my existing main board no dmx signal gives no laser output , Or could have a bridgeable pair of pins for an interlock. Have you got a part number for this Goldenlaser board or schematics im keen to view, Thanks Al
    I might have gotten some documentation from them. I'll check tonight when I get home.

Thanks Andy, for interest i have built three systems cheaply using the wonsung galvo kits from Amazon. they have performed very well at disco level and have just upgraded two of them with 300mw rgb laser modules. the other unit has a 1w blue and a 300 mw dpss green very punchy. One of the show cards has started to get very hot and loses the ttl signals after 30 seconds or so, hence the need for another showcard. I sent an email to goldenstar to ask for schematics will see what transpires. im guessing that ILDA files and shows can be dumped onto the sd card and read by the showcard as all my units talk and sync over dmx that is gonna be awsome . cheers for now Al

Hey Al,

The folks in China will send you documentation if you ask for it, but in general, it will be skimpy, incomplete, and poorly translated...and possibly not 100% accurate (not matching the exact model they sent you)
    Then again, if you were able to figure out how to build a disco laser out of Chinese commodity parts, you probably don't need much more than what you'll get.
    I find that if they have a DMX Channel Listing and a picture with the ports and headers labeled, you're pretty much good to go.

This is what I got with the GoldenStar show card:

Attachment 53799

What was UNdocumented was anything about the LCD UI (but you'll figure it out), and the contents of the SD card and the file formats therein.
    I thought SD was going to add a lot of awesomeness to my Frankenlaser, but it didn't. There are two or three excellent little animations on that card...but after you've seen them, you're not going to use them in real life.
    IMO, If you are using DMX (pretty cool) or ILDA (way cooler), then SD is just sort of a bolt-on accessory I'll probably never bother with.
    If you design your own shows with software, you might get some use out of the SD interface, but it's kind of kiosk-y by design (i.e. not dynamic and not interactive)

And here's the DMX map, copy-pasted from their Word DOC:
    ================

●Technical Parameters:
    Control signal: International standard DMX-512 signal
    Control mode: music-active control, automatic, master-slave mode,DMX-512

Control mode set up detail as bellow:
    Mode Control switch (ON)
    1 Single projector controlled by sound 1-9:OFF,10:ON
    2 Single projector controlled by automatic 1-8:OFF,9-10:ON
    3 SLAVER DMX-512 1-9:FOR EACH UNIT,10:OFF
    4 PLAY ALL 1,2: OFF, 3-10:ON
    5 ANIMATION,WORD 1:OFF, 2:ON
    6 BEAM SHOW 1:ON, 2:OFF

●RGB12、RGY12 CHANNEL:
    CHANNEL DMX-512 numerical value DESCRIPTION

CH1 Laser off 0~41 Laser off

Automatic 42~83 Manual control CH2-CH12 valid
    84~125 Run animation effects build-in, CH2-CH12 invalid
    126~167 Run beam effects build-in, CH2-CH12 invalid

Music-active 168~209 Run beam effects build-in, CH2-CH12 invalid
    210~251 Run animation effects build-in, CH2-CH12invalid
    252~255 Manual control CH2-CH12 valid
    CH2 Patterns selection 0~255 Patterns selection

CH3
    Patterns rotation 0~127 Rotation angle selection
    128~191 Opposition rotation speed selection
    192~255 Positive rotation speed selection
    CH4
    Patterns flip horizontal 0~127 Flip horizontal position selection
    128~255 Flip horizontal speed selection
    CH5
    Pattern flip vertical 0~127 Flip vertical position selection
    128~255 Flip vertical speed selection
    CH6 Patterns horizontal moving 0~127 Horizontal moving position selection
    128~255 Horizontal moving speed selection
    CH7 Pattern vertical moving 0~127 Vertical moving position selection
    128~255 Vertical moving speed selection

CH8 Pattern size 0~63 Pattern size selection

Pattern zoom in/out 64~127 Zoom out speed selection
    128~191 Zoom in speed selection
    192~255 Speed selection
    CH9 Patterns gradually drawing 0~255 Gradually drawing speed selection
    CH10 Scanning 0~127 Pattern scanning speed selection
    Hot spot effects 128~255 Hot spot adjustion

CH11
    Color 0~24 Fixed color
    25~199 Color selection
    200~224 Color change effects
    225~255 Color change rotation
    CH12 Color change speed 0~255 Change color from slow to fast

- - - Updated - - -

Why does this forum software remove all blank lines and formatting? What a mess! C'est la vie.