Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Some of you may remember me as the mixer sla--- errr, DJ from SELEM 2016 (marathon sets of psytrance, techno, tech house, deep house, etc on the weekend). I couldn't make it to SELEM 2017, but I'll be back this year with some interesting toys.

I haven't been DJing much over the last 2 years because I've been focusing on my original music and live performances. I'll bring down a mixing setup, but I'm also bringing a few synthesizers, including most of my modular synthesizers. Depending on the final setup (table space), I might want to setup the synths in the gallery for more hands-on demos, but I'd love to play a live set in Club SELEM if time and logistics (again, tables) permit.

I was planning to come as singlemode's (Will's) guest, but should I buy a full ticket since I'm more of an active contributor to the nerdery this SELEM?

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyJay View Post
    Anyone know who the DJ is? Might want to collab on some tracks/remixes, bring down the vDrums and do some midi scripting/cue programming as a short performance (1 progression or something) and laser collab project if anyone is interested to get in on that...
    I'm always open to MIDI/CV experiments. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    I am happy to coordinate the DJ sets as well as put a schedule online for all SELEM events.

-Sal
    Sign me up for a 2 hour techno set and 1 hour live set. I'll bring a Xone DB4, pair of Traktor D2 decks, and an all-in-one Traktor S4 for anyone else who wants to mix (NOT compatible with OS X High Sierra). Are you bringing your Eurorack? I'm bringing mine and a few CV-compatible synths.

I would love to do some experimentation interfacing my Eurorack modular synth and analog laser interfaces if anyone is interested.

As a general rule, "guests" fall into one of two categories:

1) friends or family of a PL member who come to SELEM because their buddy/brother/father/son is already going and they want to see what's up with all this nonsense, or
    2) random people we meet on the street who express an interest in lasers and/or laser shows and are invited on an impromptu basis (like the Newton Chief of Police, for example)

If someone is already a member of PL (or any other laser-related forum, like LPF for example), then they should be registering as an attendee. And even if they aren't a member of PL, if they're planning to participate in the activities at SELEM and not just be a spectator, then they should also register themselves as an attendee and not a guest.

Example: Mario Moore (Ragdoll) brought a DJ buddy (AMCAAT) with him to SELEM 2012 and they both registered as attendees despite the fact that AMCAAT had never seen a laser before. (But he did spin for us in the club on Friday and Saturday night for a few hours.)

Hank: I still can't see your logo submission. The forum says "invalid attachment". Can you host it on imgur and just hot-link it here please?

And if anyone else has any logo ideas, please post them ASAP. I need to make a decision in the next 9 days...

Adam

Hmmm... That's a cool starting point. Needs some text though.

Adam

Northern hemisphere hypnotic drain

Diffraction Distraction

Coherent disconnect

The peacocks ass.

Alrighty!!!! PAYPAL just sent for my admission. booking hotel next.

I am super excited! I will be bringin my Chamsys MQ500 if anyone wants to play on it, I would be glad to teach and let people rock n roll on some Mercuries... if Araugh will let me play with his toys too

Putting this out there again...getting closer in...

I have booked a room (2 double beds) at the Holiday Inn Express Conover and looking for a roomie to split the costs...

I will be arriving at Charlotte Airport (CLT) around 3pm Tuesday the 7th and have a rental car...Mustang! (It was actually the cheapest!)

Will be departing Sunday Morning the 12th (have 1:15pm flight).

Wanting to split the room costs...car too if needed.
    I use a cpap breathing device...so no snoring...
    We don't spend a lot of time in the room during SELEM.

Rodman1369

Paid and looking forward to my first Selem, this is going to be AWESOME!

payment sent, no turning back now

anyone else getting group code does not exist error for the hotel? trying to book that. (going to use hotels.com since its same rate + I can pay later)

Yes I got that message yesterday. When I called they took care of me in less than 10 minutes and applied the group rate.

Quote Originally Posted by krztov View Post
    payment sent, no turning back now

anyone else getting group code does not exist error for the hotel? trying to book that. (going to use hotels.com since its same rate + I can pay later)
    Watching Lasers Since 1981