Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Yes I got that message yesterday. When I called they took care of me in less than 10 minutes and applied the group rate.
    confirmed, i called them and got the rate (which saved me about $50 from hotels.com's price), they said the amount of rooms in this block is almost out though (last she checked there were 6 rooms left on that rate), so if anyone is waiting to book, dont wait much longer.

This will be my first SELEM, I'm hoping to do the laser safety class on the 13th, is that still happening ? I haven't look thru the entire thread

I just registered

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by maxcady View Post
    This will be my first SELEM, I'm hoping to do the laser safety class on the 13th, is that still happening ? I haven't look thru the entire thread
    Yes but, split up over two days - the 8th and 9th in the morning.
    PM Sent...

When I called last week I was told the block is full and charged the full rate

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Yes but, split up over two days - the 8th and 9th in the morning.
    sweet! is there a fee for the class, or a sign-up for it somewhere?

If I remember correctly, the hotel only blocked out the rooms through the 15th of July or so. (Basically 3 weeks before the event started.) After that, the block expired and rooms would be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.

However, we should still be able to get the group rate. I would suggest calling during daytime hours and ask to speak to the manager about your reservation, then mention that you are with the "SELEM Laser Group" but that you did not ask for the group rate when you booked your room. The manager should be able to override your initial reservation and give you the better rate. Also, she should be able to re-locate your room so you are closer to the rest of the laser folks.

With regard to the Laser Safety Officer class, as posted above, it will be held on Wednesday, August 8th and Thursday, August 9th, for 4 hrs each day, from 9 AM until 1 PM. Class will be in one of the upstairs classrooms above the gallery in the auditorium building.

Cost of the class is $425 for ILDA members and $495 for non-members. You need to register for the class on the ILDA website. Go to the EVENTS page and you will see an entry for the LSO class at SELEM 2018. Then just click the "register" button to be taken to the page where you can sign up and pay for the class. (Here is a link to Patrick Murphy's post about the LSO class.)

Also, just a reminder that today is the last day for normal registration. After today the cost goes up, and it's likely you won't get a SELEM shirt either because the order will have already been processed.

First post in this thread has been updated with all registered attendees.

Adam

Hey Adam, I just sent you money for myself and Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    As a general rule, "guests" fall into one of two categories:

1) friends or family of a PL member who come to SELEM because their buddy/brother/father/son is already going and they want to see what's up with all this nonsense, or
    2) random people we meet on the street who express an interest in lasers and/or laser shows and are invited on an impromptu basis (like the Newton Chief of Police, for example)

If someone is already a member of PL (or any other laser-related forum, like LPF for example), then they should be registering as an attendee. And even if they aren't a member of PL, if they're planning to participate in the activities at SELEM and not just be a spectator, then they should also register themselves as an attendee and not a guest.

Adam
    Considering I do own a 473 for lumia and have been singlemode's lackey for a few years now, I registered as an attendee. Hoping I made the shirt cutoff.

Hi folks!

Please refer to the first post in this thread SELEM 2018 Presentations, Activity and Auditorium Show Schedules for the current drafts of the SELEM 12 schedules.

Comments, corrections and suggestions are welcome as always.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"