Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

I know main setup is earlier in the week, should I still bring my laser? I’ll likely be arriving Thursday afternoon, was going to bring my new HPX M-2

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It's SELEM.... you can't have too many lasers! (Although to be fair, I have brought some in the past that haven't been set up.) Yes, please bring it along though, as some people, like myself, would like to see it in person.
    PM Sent...

I have paid and registered for the LSO course...paid under Carl Taylor

Just booked two suites and a van for Aaron, Calvin and Myself to ride up in... planning on arriving Wednesday evening and heading out Sunday at some point.

Not sure if BB will make it this year - certainly a lot going on in and around the company which makes it hard to get away.

Any requests for things to throw in the back of our van for everyone's enjoyment?
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Just booked two suites and a van for Aaron, Calvin and Myself to ride up in... planning on arriving Wednesday evening and heading out Sunday at some point.

Not sure if BB will make it this year - certainly a lot going on in and around the company which makes it hard to get away.

Any requests for things to throw in the back of our van for everyone's enjoyment?
    Do you have 30 watt projectors kicking around like the one you brought last year?

Just depends if they'll be out for rental or not that weekend! If not I'll stick one (or more) in the van
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Do you have 30 watt projectors kicking around like the one you brought last year?
    Yeah, I didn't get to see that monster last year.

I am going to reserve a room tomorrow at the hotel.

I plan to bring Windows 98 luggable with QuadMod32 + LD, Amiga 2500 w/ QuadMod16 + LSD400 (currently not running.) This is for something of a museum table. I could really use some very low power projectors to put with these. 1 watt or less RGB? Anyone have those sexy x-laser single mode projectors? I will go LCD on the computer so Aaron (and other younger people) don't have to hear the CRT flyback whine noise.

I will bring my two Pluto 2 projectors for use wherever they are needed. In the past they were in auditorium.

I am thinking of bringing some of my color kinetics wash lights for outside between buildings at night and doubles for a talk if anyone wants info on cheap artnet endpoints.

I assume we aren't going to try to internet stream or anything so I will leave behind the video production rig. Maybe I'll just bring cameras + tripods + SD cards. If others have this covered you can handle.

Not sure about other stuff. IE DV video rig, HD24 / ADATs and all that... not thinking there is a real need but if there is space and it's easy maybe. The 3/4" + decoder is kind of esoteric. And some advice about doing ILDA off of it to capture to computer would be useful.

I have one XGA (1024x768) sanyo projector (approx 3500 lumens?) and 3 x Casio XGA laser based projectors (DONT STEAL THE DIODES) that could come with me if needed as well.
    Last edited by telmnstr; 07-24-2018 at 11:48.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post

Anyone have those sexy x-laser single mode projectors?
    If araugh were to just "happen" to bring one... It would ride home with me. (We've only been talking about a Mirage since last fall. Lol)
    PM Sent...

I've registered and Paid for LSO class