Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

They have an outdoor pool at the Holiday Inn, but I think it closes at 10 PM. Still, I must admit that I'd like to see an underwater projector too!

(We need to bring that to Utila next spring...)

Adam

Adam,
    If the hotel gives us a SELEM meeting room, I'd suggest that they make sure to book SELEM people in several of the nearest adjoining rooms. When I had to host events like this, we made sure we booked all the nearby rooms, so we didn't bother any other guests with noise late into the night/morning.

-Hank

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    They have an outdoor pool at the Holiday Inn, but I think it closes at 10 PM.
    Since there is no conference room, maybe they'd be willing to trade us a bit of afterhours time at the pool instead

If they need more convincing, there will even be a lifeguard on duty all night! I know I kept those red board shorts for a reason!

Once more...Putting this out there again...getting really close in...

I have booked a room (2 double beds) at the Holiday Inn Express Conover and looking for a roomie to split the costs...

I will be arriving at Charlotte Airport (CLT) around 3pm Tuesday the 7th and have a rental car...Mustang! (It was actually the cheapest!)

Will be departing Sunday Morning the 12th (have 1:15pm flight).

Wanting to split the room costs...car too if needed.
    I use a cpap breathing device...so no snoring...
    We don't spend a lot of time in the room during SELEM.

I just like to have plans made in advance...

Rodman1369

Lightbulb SELEM preparations underway...

Really getting close to the deadline now! I finally replaced the receiver in my Vortex 285 FPV racing quad the other night... Flies great now! Can't wait to get my ass handed to me by Chris and the other experienced pilots again this year. Eh, no worries... It's going to be lots of fun even if I end up in last place again. (Just need to remember to stay out of the power lines this year!)

Has anyone heard from Johnny Turpin (Bluefang) lately? With the renewed focus on all things analog (and especially in light of "Abstract Friday"), I was hoping he would be able to attend again this year. Plus he's one hell of an RC pilot too...

Quote Originally Posted by singlemode View Post
    Since there is no conference room, maybe they'd be willing to trade us a bit of after hours time at the pool instead?
    If they need more convincing, there will even be a lifeguard on duty all night! I know I kept those red board shorts for a reason!
    Not a bad idea, Wil! We can speak with Katherine about that... (Remind me on Tuesday during load-in!)

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    If the hotel gives us a SELEM meeting room, I'd suggest that they make sure to book SELEM people in several of the nearest adjoining rooms.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I asked for back when I set up the group rate. I also said that if they couldn't spare a regular room, that we would be OK with one of the rooms in the area that is being re-modeled - even if the carpet had already been ripped up. I emphasized that we just want a place where we won't disturb the other guests. It doesn't have to be "nice"...

I did tell her that if they can't give us a separate space to "wind down" in, we can always hang out in the lobby area and near the fireplace. But since we tend to get loud, I'd much rather be in a room off in a corner somewhere (preferably surrounded by other SELEM attendees).

Speaking of the group rate, the hotel says we only have 14 people signed in under the "SELEM Laser Group". But I know we have more rooms than that!

So, please, everyone: when you check in to the hotel, no matter how you booked your room, please ask the front desk person to *CHECK* to see if your reservation is listed under the "SELEM Laser Group". And if it is *not* listed, please ask them to write your name and room reservation info down so it can be forwarded to Katherine.

We want to be sure we capture all the reservations for our group. If Katherine can prove to upper management that we rent out more rooms, she will have more leeway to do cool stuff for us in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I have booked a room (2 double beds) at the Holiday Inn Express Conover and looking for a roomie to split the costs.
    Steve Roberts posted above that he was looking to split a room with someone. Might want to contact him directly. Also, I know that Zach Collins is still trying to make it to the event... If he can swing the trip he might also be interested in sharing a room.

If the three of you can work it out, you can upgrade your reservation to a suite and you'll have more space than you'll know what to do with - all for much less per person!

Adam

Today I finished making all of the SELEM 12 name tags. I made one for everyone listed on page 1.
    If you are planning to attend but your name is not on page 1 let me know so I can make you a name tag.

If you are bringing a guest and would like me to make them a name tag let me know otherwise they will get a hand written version.

See you next Tuesday!
    Chris

No Ed O'keefe this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Today I finished making all of the SELEM 12 name tags. I made one for everyone listed on page 1.
    If you are planning to attend but your name is not on page 1 let me know so I can make you a name tag.

If you are bringing a guest and would like me to make them a name tag let me know otherwise they will get a hand written version.

See you next Tuesday!
    Chris
    If you could make one for my son, his name is Eric. Thanks!

Ok I'll need to call them and put newlin and myself down for that.
    Also wish I had upload my profile pic for my nametag.. meh that's ok. See you guys soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Once more...Putting this out there again...getting really close in...

I have booked a room (2 double beds) at the Holiday Inn Express Conover and looking for a roomie to split the costs...

I will be arriving at Charlotte Airport (CLT) around 3pm Tuesday the 7th and have a rental car...Mustang! (It was actually the cheapest!)

Will be departing Sunday Morning the 12th (have 1:15pm flight).

Wanting to split the room costs...car too if needed.
    I use a cpap breathing device...so no snoring...
    We don't spend a lot of time in the room during SELEM.

I just like to have plans made in advance...

Rodman1369
    I may be interested for 1 night depending still working out details.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post

See you next Tuesday!
    Chris
    I will be there At least 1 day.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red