Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by krztov View Post
    If you could make one for my son, his name is Eric. Thanks!
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerman121 View Post
    I will be there At least 1 day.
    Got you taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    Also wish I had upload my profile pic for my nametag
    Its not too late. Upload one and I will reprint yours. I need to make more anyway. There are 6 on a page.
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-02-2018 at 03:33.

Question Questions / Answers identifiers for name badges?

Hey Chris (and everyone else too!);

Adam Raugh mentioned that at another conference he attends, they hand out one of two different stickers to the people when they sign in at the entrance.

One says "I have questions", and is designed for newer folks.
    The other says "I have answers", and is designed for the more senior people.

Idea being if you're doing something cool and you see someone with a "I have questions" sticker, you can motion for them to join you so they can see what you're up to. And if you're a new guy and are unsure about something, if you see someone with an "I have answers" sticker you can approach them and feel pretty confident that you'll get the information you're looking for.

Is this something we should think about doing? We don't actually need the text; we could just have two different colored stickers (Yellow and Blue maybe, or even just a big letter "Q" or "A"?) that we apply to the outside of the plastic holder for the name badges as needed. And if someone doesn't want to wear either one of the stickers, that's OK too.

Just a thought. I'm interested to hear what the group has to say about the idea... Should we try this?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Is there a sticker for, "I'm a senior person who still doesn't know dick about lasers compared to most of these folks here but, I can possibly bullshit my way through an answer for you and, probably bring you to someone that knows more than me. Would you like a meatball sandwich?".
    PM Sent...

I'll take one of those stickers, except adding "Will sell blood for lasers".

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Should we try this?
    As a laser noob I'm all for this.

I like the idea, but it needs to be clear which is which. A yellow and blue dot sticker isn't going to be good enough. I could have added it to the name tags if I knew a few days ago, but they are all printed and cut to size now.

If it helps, I can make small stickers for each of these options and ship them down or maybe Brad can pick them up on his way down since he goes right by my shop

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I can pick them up on the way. I''ll be passing Laurel at hopefully 10:15-10:20 Monday morning.
    Edit: I can fit a Mirage too, in case you know... you've got too much other stuff to pack.
    PM Sent...

lol. Yeah, if that works for you then let's do that. Chris or Chris, can one of you send me an example badge so I can make stickers that aren't obtrusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Is there a sticker for, "I'm a senior person who still doesn't know dick about lasers compared to most of these folks here but, I can possibly bullshit my way through an answer for you and, probably bring you to someone that knows more than me. Would you like a meatball sandwich?".

I need that sticker too. Been to lots SELEMs but still don't know anything

I know some about gas lasers but projectors NOPE