Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Good news: Andrew Berry will be able to attend this year, so we can definitely do the round-table discussion about op-amp circuits and how they relate to buffering ILDA signals!

Adam, I think Chris will be e-mailing you a sample of the name tags this weekend. And Brad said he can pick up the stickers on his way down to Newton on Monday.

Once again, for anyone who will be in town Monday evening: Give me a call on my cell phone and join us for dinner around 6 PM that night. (Not sure where we'll be going yet.)

Adam

Any chance I could get one made for Tiffany (mrsvoop)?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Good news: Andrew Berry will be able to attend this year, so we can definitely do the round-table discussion about op-amp circuits and how they relate to buffering ILDA signals!
    Oh, I guess I should prep something for that, huh? If anyone has anything in particular they want to cover, let me know. I was imagining a kind of 'Analog 101', looking at some op-amp building blocks and fundamentals. Nothing super crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    Any chance I could get one made for Tiffany (mrsvoop)?
    I didn't forget Tiffany.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Good news: Andrew Berry will be able to attend this year.

I will make one for Andrew too.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    Chris or Chris, can one of you send me an example badge so I can make stickers that aren't obtrusive?

I sent the file to Buffo.
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-03-2018 at 11:51.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aberry View Post
    Oh, I guess I should prep something for that, huh?
    I don't think you need to prep much, if anything, to be honest. You're fine when you're off-the-cuff! Worst case, start out with a standard X/Y differential receiver circuit and then see what people ask...

I was imagining a kind of 'Analog 101', looking at some op-amp building blocks and fundamentals. Nothing super crazy.
    That sounds perfect! And yeah, no need to get fancy. You can probably recite this stuff in your sleep, so I don't think you need to do a lot of prep. Maybe just a couple circuit designs on your laptop that we can project onto a wall so we can all see it and work through it...

Adam

Weather is looking good for me to fly the Cessna up this year!!!!

If time allows I will be offering short rides around the airport if people are interested. Just ask to cover the cost of fuel. Not sure which day yet. I can tell you it will be in the morning when it is cooler.
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-06-2018 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Weather is looking good for me to fly the Cessna up this year!!!!

If time allows I will be offering short rides around the airport if people are interested. Not sure which day yet. I can tell you it will be in the morning when it is cooler.
    Nice! Have never been in one, would be awesome.

FEW DAYS TO GO!

Super excited, already got my laser packed up, just gotta pack my laptop and some wires.

I noticed on the schedule there are lunch and dinner times, does everyone just pitch in and order stuff or is it a hit a drive through and come back type of thing usually?
    Last edited by krztov; 08-06-2018 at 07:26.

Lunch and dinner is typically provided by Brad or a sponsor. I don't think there has been a single SELEM that food wasn't provided.

Hey there folks, Adam here. One request, would someone who will be there by Thursday afternoon be willing to bring in a spare collimator/diode housing like the ones from lasershowparts.com or similar? I'd like to use one in my Fusion 360 class Thursday to show folks how to create CAD from an existing part and just noticed I don't have any of the common hobbyist modules. Let me know if you can by PM here or email to my first name @x-laser.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Lunch and dinner is typically provided by Brad or a sponsor. I don't think there has been a single SELEM that food wasn't provided.
    Oh wow, that is awesome. Just cut my estimated trip expenses by a decent chunk!