Name:	Slide09_m.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	54397

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide09_m.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	54397I think I have at least one of these floating around somewhere if this is what you need.Attachment 54396Attachment 54396

Something is wrong and the pic I'm trying to upload isn't working. So I will try to describe it.

I have the chrome cylindrical style diode/colimator that the front and back half thread together, the lens threads into the front and has a spring to keep tension on it.

I can bring one just in case.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-06-2018 at 09:21. Reason: pic didn't upload

That could work very well if you don't mind loaning it to us for the class!

I'll throw it in.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    would someone who will be there by Thursday afternoon be willing to bring in a spare collimator/diode housing like the ones from lasershowparts.com or similar?
    If Chris doesn't find his, I have several and will throw them into one of the many boxes I'm bringing. . .

Adam B.: I swapped PMs with Johnny/Bluefang three weeks back. He had a massive work project that is due on the 15th. He was hoping to make as of then, but I haven't heard from him since. Hopefully he'll manage to escape for a day or two.

Chris: I'm bringing an FPV headset (and lots of other related gear). That will let you run two FPVs off your same setup if you'd like. Also please be forewarned, I have several more questions for you.

Fun, fun, fun in T-minus 1 day!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Just arrived at HIE.

Kinda last minute anyone driving through central VA I can catch A ride with. Otherwise Ill just make it a day trip Saturday.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerman121 View Post
    Kinda last minute anyone driving through central VA I can catch A ride with. Otherwise Ill just make it a day trip Saturday.
    Where in VA? I’m heading down from Maryland Thursday morning. Coming back Sunday morning.

Chester Just South of Richmond Maybe 10 minutes off of 95
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

I wish I had known you were in town Brad! I didn't get into town until about 6:30 p.m. myself. Terrible traffic, lots of rain, and pulling that big trailer I can't go more than about 65 miles per hour anyway.

Anyway, there were a few others in town about the same time. We all went out for dinner last night around 7 p.m. at the Blue Moon Tavern in downtown Newton. I guess I should have posted here on PL so everyone would have known about it. My bad!

Load in starts Tuesday at 10 a.m. I'm hoping we'll have a few more faces at the loading dock this morning, because we have an awful lot of gear to load-in and setup! But once load in is complete, the plan is to go back to the Blue Moon Tavern for dinner again. Figure sometime between 7:30 and 8 p.m., depending on how things go during setup.

Andrew, I'm sure we can make some changes to the schedule once David kumpula arrives. Can't believe I forgot to put a time slot down for the Roundtable discussion around op-amps! Once again, my bad! But we can easily squeeze that in on Thursday.

Regarding fpv flying, I picked up a pair of video receivers that will plug into certain kinds of Android phones. I plan to use one of them with my old Galaxy S5 as a separate monitor for people to watch. However, if anyone else has a compatible phone, they can just plug that in and also watch the video live from whomever is flying.

Damn. It's 2:30 in the morning. I should be sleeping, not posting here on PL! Especially since I know by the end of the week I'm going to regret not getting more sleep...

Adam

I hope you all have a great time. I scheduled vacation for this coming weekend so won't be able to pop in this year. I'm looking forward to seeing photos.