Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLEM Friday, May 25th and Saturday, May 26th (2018)

Thumbs up FLEM Friday, May 25th and Saturday, May 26th (2018)

OK, I decided to book the meeting room as the dates were filling up fast and I didn't want to miss out.

So the next FLEM will be on Friday, May 25th and Saturday, May 26th, at the Triangle Boat Club Meeting Hall in Tavares, Florida.

The boat club meeting hall is off of highway 441 in Tavares, just before you cross over the Dead River bridge between Tavares and Leesburg. (It's on the right if you're headed west on 441.) The address is 12001 W Burleigh Blvd (W Burleigh Blvd is Hwy 441), but it isn't marked. If you've never been there, be sure to check out the location on Google maps before you go, as it is very easy to drive right past the entrance road to the boat club if you don't know where to look.

I will be at the hall Friday morning to start setting things up. Plan is to work/play until around 6 or 7 PM before taking a break for dinner. There's a great Italian restaurant (Angelo's) just down the street that we traditionally go to for dinner on Friday night. After that, it's back to the hall for more fun...

Saturday I'll be back at the hall by 9 AM or so, and we can stay as late as we want. Typically we start winding down around midnight, but we will need to clean up, sweep up, and take out all the trash before we leave. Usually we're still standing around out front at 2 or 3 in the morning, still talking!

Who else is coming?

Adam

Last edited by buffo; 04-05-2018 at 06:34.

See you all there!

I'll be there too. Possibly fly the Cessna. Definitely bringing some quads.

I spoke with Bill Benner over the weekend and invited the Pangolin crew to FLEM. Unsure yet if they will be available though, as they have lots going on in May, including possibly moving into their new location. Although Bill did mention that if they were available and the new building was ready, we could all take a road-trip to Orlando to check out the place.

EDIT: I also got a message from Fred (Astroguy) - he said he and Dee are going to try to make the trip, schedule permitting. Also, Fred is looking to sell his projector (based on an old Eclipse Technologies enclosure) and his QM-2000 if anyone is interested.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 04-09-2018 at 12:23.

So we're about 2 weeks away now. Anyone else planning to come to FLEM? Frank? Aaron? Jason? Bueller? Bueller?

Adam

I'd love to come down, but can't make it this time.

I will be leaving for France that weekend.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Too bad guys! You will be missed. (Jason, in particular I had hoped to sit down with you, DZ, and CountFunkula to discuss ion lasers at SELEM... Guess that will have to be a Skype call when you get back.)

Anyone else planning to make the trip to Tavares this month?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You and I have talked already and I'm still on the fence. I've almost clicked buy on the plane ticket a couple of times but it would still be Friday morning to Saturday morning. Tix came down $30 in price yesterday and regardless of the fact that it's a whirlwind, I need a break.
    PM Sent...

Question Maybe we should just re-schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    You and I have talked already and I'm still on the fence. I've almost clicked buy on the plane ticket a couple of times but it would still be Friday morning to Saturday morning. Tix came down $30 in price yesterday and regardless of the fact that it's a whirlwind, I need a break.
    Don't buy anything just yet Brad...

After checking around with folks, it seems that this is a particularly bad weekend to host a FLEM. I suppose I should have been able to foresee that, given that it's Memorial Day weekend and all! Anyway, right now it looks like we'll only have 3 or 4 people who can make it. So I'm starting to think that maybe we should re-schedule this for some time in June instead?

Open to comments and suggestions...

Adam