Thread: masking an area of a video projection by another video projection?

Default masking an area of a video projection by another video projection?

Last edited by shoujin; 04-18-2018 at 11:37.

A digital mask on the low resolution projector. Really good angular feedback on the high res projector, modeling of both projectors/screen, and a digital mask for the high resolution projector that emulates the low resolution pixels on its edge.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

I think I’ve expired any digital solution to the problem. Unless I misunderstood your suggestion
    Last edited by shoujin; 04-19-2018 at 17:51.

Take control of the video feeds. You can just take the correct pixels to black on the low res projeçtor. (There's no need to add a programmable LCD masking device. If the native contrast of the two projectors causes a problem you can blend the grays or Zeiss makes a really cool WQXGA projector with a 2.5 million to one native contrast.) You need to know going in where each pixel from the low resolution projector is on the screen. You need to figure out where each pixel of the high res projector is on the screen. This is the hard part since I assume it's going to be slewing all over the place. Once you've figured out where the pixels are you can do anything except make the low resolution projector suddenly high res.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso