Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9v power supply - where??

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Technically probably nothing but, if you're going to build a nice projector, my preference would be putting in a proper power supply over jury rigging an ac wall pack. Granted, most people don't see inside the case but, I'd know it was sorta ghetto inside if I did that.
    Ahem! I beg your pardon, sir!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3326.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	53852

This is the power deck of one of my projectors that includes a lumia wheel that was built using parts from a cheap mirror scanner. The lumia wheel controller ran off a 10VAC output from an enormous PSU and all I could find as a decent sized replacement was a wall wart. That said, I did my best to 'un-ghetto' it though by removing the outlet connectors and replacing them with sealed wires and then mounted it to the case. Even if you still consider my PSU 'ghetto', I'll have you know that this projector grew up last year and was married to a set of beautiful Saturn 3 scanners. I'm sure its children will be beautiful as well . .

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Ok.... ok.... I give. You got me.
    PM Sent...

You can sometimes find some good deals on E-bay too. A lot of times I will just browse around and see what's listed.

Several years ago I snagged a 10 pack of dual voltage supplies - they put out 12 volts at 2 amps and 5 volts at either 5 or 8 amps, can't remember exactly. Anyway, they were $2 each with free shipping! So for 20 bucks I got a box of power supplies that lasted me for quite some time.

Used the last one sometime in the fall so I started looking on E-bay again, and sure enough I found a similar deal for around $3 per unit. I think I have 8 of those left...

Another place to check is allelectronics.com and electronics goldmine (http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/). Both sites have sales on surplus power supplies from time to time, and the deals can be amazing.

AllElectronics was first suggested to me by Gary Harper, and I ultimately ended up with a set of high-current 24V PSUs from them to power my Scan-Pro 50's in my old graphics projector. I think I paid $10 each for those supplies back then, and they put out nearly 6 amps! Amazing units...

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1149.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	53870 It arrived! It's tiny! And cute! Must be why Swami suggested it.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

‘Cause I’m totally tiny and cute??

Naw! I got a face made for radio.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Naw! I got a face made for radio.
    Did you have that before or after you got hit by my projector?

Adam