Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pangolin show portal gone

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

Bonjour Chums,
    I handed over the reins of show approval/Preview creation back to Pangolin peeps over three years ago and I understand that they had someone else lined up to run it for a while.
    Obviously it did run on for a while but Pangolin being Pangolin they always like to move forward and hence the showsite is no more ( ) and you have to get your new shows via interweb doohickey flibbertygubbins (I believe that's the technical term for it).
    Nothing stays the same (except our love for coherent light).

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I think the pangolin show space got dropped because manual approval was involved and it was slow... not just that but all preview screens had to be created manually and when a platform grows it will become only slower and more difficult to maintain and costly.....
    Approval and show previews were done manually but the cost was only server space. A few of us volunteered behind the curtains to keep things ticking along but the guys at Pangolin must have eventually decided to go in a different direction.
    As you pointed out, there were things other than shows that were uploaded to the showsite but, as I have moved away from the laser scene for a while, I've no idea how these things are now handled/distributed by the Pango guys.

Ahhh the good old days, eh !!
    Last edited by soforene; 05-19-2018 at 12:07.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Bonjour Chums,
    DUDE!!!!!! Good to hear from you!
    I've no idea how these things are now handled/distributed by the Pango guys.
    Sadly... the, still not ready for prime time, iTunes for laser shows, er.. "Cloud" thingamabobber .
    PM Sent...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    ..... i was going to send them a link to the video file......
    I managed to delve into my archives and found a Shockwave file of the show.
    Quality is not up to todays 4k hi-def "WOW Look at the pores on her!" standards but you get the gist of it.
    You can download it here.
    I managed to open it with 5kplayer.

Here's the text file that accompanied the show (C/W spelink mishtakes). What were you smoking back then?

This photonic canvas was painted to "Love on a train" by tangerine dream from the Risky Buissness soundtrack.
    The piece symbolizes the creation of sun, its birth from the death of other stars, its incorporation of the materials made from the death of other stars, and the eventual extinction of its own light which in turn births the next generation. Like the sun we to share the same life cycle.
    As it is the light from the sun that gives life to this planet, it is fitting to honor the sun with some of that same life giving light.
    Music is off the Risky Buissness Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream

Hobby Laserist
    A.K.A. "KECKED LaserJammer 2002/2003/2004"

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Quality is not up to todays 4k hi-def "WOW Look at the pores on her!" standards but you get the gist of it.
    That's a very specific reference there, Rich... Makes me wonder why you're looking at her pores so closely in the first place...

On second thought, scratch that. I don't want to know!

Good to see you back, BTW, even if you're not doing all-things-laser these days.

This photonic canvas was painted to "Love on a train" by tangerine dream from the Risky Buissness soundtrack.
    I remember that montage of scenes from Risky Business, but damned if the music doesn't also remind me of another great 1980's movie...
    How about "Real Genius"? Does anyone else think that this track reminds you of that film, or is it just me?

Adam

That is my favorite show that I ever did. Second to fireflies. You would not happen to have retrained a copy of the shows that could be made available. Have to ask Bill if he cares first. Not sure how the copy right is setup. All my shows are free for the asking.