Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 565nm/575nm yellow laser

We had several of these modules at the recent Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting. Most of them were lasing at 575 nm, but at least one of them was lasing at 565 nm - the difference was easy to spot!

I took a few pictures at the meet (full album posted here on IMGUR), but here are the ones that show these new lasers in action. Sadly, the camera does't pick up the difference in color nearly as well as we had hoped.

In this first picture, the wavelengths are in descending order from left to right. So far left is 575 nm, middle is 565 nm, and far right (in the tiny silver housing) is 520 nm green. In real life, the 575 nm yellow almost looked orange in this setup! But as soon as you took the 520 nm green away, then the 575 was clearly yellow, while the 565 looked more greenish.

Moral of the story: human color perception is subjective!

This second shot has a small patch of lumia on the right side of the pattern that pretty accurately captures the yellow of the 575 nm units.

And yeah, before anyone calls me out on it, I know that the setup was ghetto as hell. We just wanted to fire these things up for a minute or two to see how they looked, so no care was given to making the layout pretty.

Zach (Laserman121) also took some pictures, and his camera is probably much better than the one on my phone, so maybe he can post some of his pics.

Also, I should point out that the driver module for these 575 nm yellow units tends to run *very* hot. It absolutely needs better heat-sinking! (Sorry, but I didn't get a picture of the driver...) But keep that in mind if you incorporate one into a projector...

Adam

PS: After playing with these lasers at FLEM, I'm totally going with the suggestion that Marc (Kecked) posted above: This yellow, plus a 488 nm diode blue, in a lumia rig. Should be really unique...

I’m going 565 in my lumia. 575 is more orange to my eye in this use. 568 baby. Come on....now that is true yellow.

If you haven't already spotted it, he's updated his first post with an update on the delivery (or lack of) situation. Hopefully they'll sort out the quality situation soon, but it's good to see they have held shipments rather than ship lasers that will die in short order.

Thanks much for pointing that out. I never would have seen it. Freeman I’ll stop bugging you. Understood!👍

id like to get some of those failed crystals in various states of failure to do some analysis on them. I’d like to run Raman on them and look to see how the crystal rsonance is changing over time. I’d also like to run X-ray on. Them to see if I can see the changes in structure to the crystal..
    is it damage or oxidation or what... looks like a fun project.

hopefull6 this is just s def3ct in the present batch and not a property of the crystal. I’m voting threshold damage due to deflects in the lattice due to stress or a migration o& doping or a surface effect.

THANK you Adam and Marc-- I am grateful to you and PL-- for the work and share-- guessing you know about Paul's solution to the overheating w/ two heat sinks added and a fan..

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Default OP edit

THANKS NGas- I will just repost the new part for Freeman below-- this thread has been nearly hijacked and the OP has his hands full.

just added by Freeman to his OP--

565nm/575nm yellow laser
    Hello guys, a news must to share with you all. And beg for your understanding and a little bit more patience for waiting the orders' shipping.
    I lately get flood msgs of request on the delivery. To all the friends who have paid, I NEED YOU TO READ THE UPDATE AS BELOW.

We have been always informed from our partner that they are unable to reach a quality assured crystal for this laser. It happened several times that the laser always get failure of output steadily.
    That the reason they do not transfer the crystal for us to do assembly procedures. So there's no a single finished module at my end now. They told us might be able to carry out before next weekend(beginning of July). But not give the certain words. In certain, we have always kept pushing them to move by quick.

Maybe I should not have posted this news so early. As the issue we seen now the delivery date is not undertaking well. I do apoligize again.
    May you give us a little more time, and if you know anybody or your friends on our PLF, please kindly let them know this delay, epecially to those who already paid for orders.

cry cry cry<_:
    Thank you!
    Freeman.

People can obtain the yellow color laser by matching well the red and green combined, because the truly single wavelength of yellow laser has been at high cost for a long time.
    It's the time to break now, here we go a single chip of 565nm/575nm truly yellow only laser, carried out, but a pity that power range only 25-30mW for now.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xZ...12y0ww8_k9wB0l

Anybody get interested, just shoot message for inquiry offers.

I will make a clarification here:
    To avoid flood confused messages on the laser--

1. 565nm individual wavelength which closes to orange; 575nm another individual, better yellow laser wavelength. Both available.

2. Both, we checked already, show that power loss a lot from original diode 30mW. You will get only 17mW to 25mW(max) in the end.
    Here with some pics of the lasers hit powermeter checking.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a1...i-rynci3GXHUsM
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ts...KaAbIRc2KsH3wC
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pj...K8gQYYiqp2K0IN
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ex...rpO81KGp6cRdHI

4. Suggested TTL modulated on the laser, cuz analogue may lossly a bit more to use the laser efficency.

If you would think these final output still meet any of your applications, then message detailed demands, ,,qty, delivery add, etc.

Will carry higher power 300mW or 500mW, but still in searching, not available at the moment.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Last edited by MagicL520; Today at 04:03. Reason: Updates for delivery
    With all the best,
    Freeman.

did this to help.hak
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 06-30-2018 at 16:36. Reason: helping
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-