Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And now a SECOND FLEM for June 22nd-23rd!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I should be there in plenty of time to make dinner. Where are we going??
    Traditionally we go to Angelo's. Nice Italian place that is less than a mile from the venue. Figure we will head out between 6 and 7 PM Friday evening.
    (depending on people's schedules that day). Of course we'll head back to the venue afterwards!

Saturday we normally do a fast-food run and/or a pizza order for the die-hards who don't want to leave the venue, but a few folks do head out for a nice sit-down meal that evening as well. Less of a schedule there though...

Quads and glow-in-the-dark stuff sounds great! As for what Chris suggested - ew! No. I don't want to ever see you in latex, let alone you and a nun in latex. (Damn, that projector must have hit Chris harder than we thought... Might be time for another CT scan!)

Adam

PS: Glad you could make the trip work for you Zach!

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Quads and glow-in-the-dark stuff sounds great! As for what Chris suggested - ew! No. I don't want to ever see you in latex, let alone you and a nun in latex. (Damn, that projector must have hit Chris harder than we thought... Might be time for another CT scan!)
    check your inbox....
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Traditionally we go to Angelo's. Nice Italian place that is less than a mile from the venue. Figure we will head out between 6 and 7 PM Friday evening.
    Cool! I should be there in time.

As for what Chris suggested - ew! No. I don't want to ever see you in latex, let alone you and a nun in latex.
    Two points of clarification here? First, you don’t want to see Chris in latex or me in latex? One of these answers will hurt my feelings. I’m not saying which one.

Second, Chris simply said “nuns and latex”. I believe you made the jump to assuming either Chris or I would be in the latex, whereas I believe the intent is that the nuns wear the latex. Was this not a Froidian slip??

Look forward to seeing everyone!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

... ... ... ... ....

Nuns or no nuns, Chris or no Chris, David or no David, I don't want to see any of them in latex. Not at this event, not ever. (Shudder)

Spandex maybe... Latex no.

Adam

I just made it back home from FLEM2 and wanted to thank the attendees for another great meet. We had 10-12 folks there this time around and as always the best part of it is just sitting and chatting with such a great group. Special thanks to Adam as always for doing 90% of the work as always to make FLEM happen, from planning, to set up, and finally to break-down and clean-up. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I had a rough ride home, but I made it OK. Still trying to catch up on my sleep though!

Thanks for everyone who came out to the meet. I had a great time! Thanks in particular to the folks who stayed late to help clean up the venue! That was really appreciated!

I got a few pictures, and one decent video, so as soon as I get some free time I'll post those. But I didn't take any shots of the ion laser that CountFunkula had running - hope someone else did... Also, did anyone get any shots of the glow-in-the-dark panels?

Can't believe SELEM is only 5 weeks away... I'm almost thinking I should just leave some of this stuff packed in the jeep!

Adam

OK, I uploaded the few pictures I took from FLEM. They can be found here: ( https://imgur.com/a/nrL2Zp0 )

Here is the only video I shot during FLEM. Youtube compression kinda ruined it, but it's still fun to watch. Note that it was still daylight when we shot this (you can see the light coming through the windows), and it still looked great.

Center projector is a 6 watt RGB with 445 nm blue, the others are 3 watt RGBs with 462 nm blue. Each projector is on it's own controller. 4 QM's and 1 FB3, all running on Beyond 3.0. Fun stuff!

Adam