Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 575nm lasers.

I can't stress enough that combining different colors into a single beam for Lumia is rarely the way to go. Of the two units I have at the moment one has a pretty nice far field beam and the other could use some focusing. Both are about 3x6mm in the near field which is too big for Lumia developed for ion lasers, but that's easy to fix.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

True. I am not even trying to overlap anymore. It’s the beam size and angle that matters.

Might though try adding yellow in for a graphics build. 575/445 white! No pink fringes.

Default Where did you get them?

Where did you get these? I bought two about a year ago and I lost the contact information when I switched from Gmail to another mail provider.
    At the time, the manufacturer told me they were working on higher power modules (500 mW)
    They are not made by CNI
    I have noticed that when you use them in conjunction with a 638 beam, they appear green. I haven't tried a 650 (or longer) wavelength, but I suspect this may solve the problem. Remembering the krypton yellow has a similar wavelength, but the krypton red was closer to 670, so that wavelength appeared more "yellow"

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    True. I am not even trying to overlap anymore. It’s the beam size and angle that matters.

Might though try adding yellow in for a graphics build. 575/445 white! No pink fringes.
    Last edited by glorocks; 07-07-2019 at 09:02.

Default Where did you get them?

I bought two of these about a year ago but lost the contact info when I changed email providers.
    At the time, the manufacturer said they were working on higher power modules (500 mW)-
    I'd like to follow up on this-
    One other thing- I had a hell of a time getting them in the country because the MFR did not provide the required customs forms. If you buy these, be sure the MFR sends along the required paperwork. Be sure to verify this- it took me almost 3 months to cut through the red tape

They never made anymore. Could not grow a stable crystal. Sorry they are unicorns now. PS I had zero paperwork and zero issues getting them.