Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSO class at SELEM 2018? post here

Hey Brad, thanks for making the refresher option a reality. I really like this idea and could use a refresher.

-Sal

Note to self: Remember to bring HP-12C.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Suggestion for next year... At the ILDA conference, Greg also offers the Audience Scanning Class for $295. Not a lot tend to sign up for it at ILDA but, I'd be willing to bet a lot more would at SELEM. I want to take it but, they always schedule it too far away from the core of the conference - like a day and a half beforehand since he also does LSO and one other safety course.
    PM Sent...

Cool LSO class is *ON* for SELEM 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Suggestion for next year... At the ILDA conference, Greg also offers the Audience Scanning Class for $295.
    That's a good idea! No way we could do it this year though because Greg can't make it to SELEM, but we can let him know that we'd like to do it next year... For that price I'd take the class just for the knowledge. (I have no plans to do audience scanning!)

With regard to this year's LSO class, I'm still waiting for instructions from Patrick Muphy on how people should register and pay for the course. But we *are* going to do the class this year. It will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, August 8th and 9th, from 9 am to 1 PM each day, in one of the upstairs classrooms above the gallery area at the Auditorium. As soon as I hear back from Patrick I'll post the instructions here.

Adam

What is the cost of the course. Read the whole thread and don’t see it.

Just got an E-mail from Patrick Murphy. He plans to set up a special page on the ILDA website for people to register and pay for the LSO class. However, he is traveling this week. He will not be able to put the new page up until next Monday.

In past years the cost has been somewhere around $450 ~ $500 per person. Once Patrick returns, I will have exact pricing. Often there is a discount available for ILDA members too.

Adam

I am confirming to attend this course.

We are definitely a "GO" for the LSO class. I spoke with Patrick Murphy yesterday (he just got back from his vacation), and he said that as soon as he catches up on all the ILDA backlog he's working on, he will set up the payment page on the ILDA website for people to register and pay for the course.

As explained above, the class will start at 9 AM on Wednesday, August 8th in the upstairs classroom at the Newton-Conover Auditorium. Class will be from 9 AM until 1 PM on Wednesday and Thursday. Patrick will be teaching the class. Bring paper and pencil for taking notes, plus a pocket calculator for working the math equations.

A laptop computer is highly recommended, but not required. (The classrooms have WiFi access to the Internet, so if you have a laptop you can access several on-line resources during the course, which will make things much easier for you.) In past years, you were allowed to use your computer (and any Internet resources) to help you on the final exam. I'm assuming that is still the case. So, yeah, bring a computer if you can!

As soon as Patrick gets the registration page set up, either he or I will post the details here.

Adam

Thanks everyone for your patience. I have set up ILDA LSO course registration at http://www.ildamember.com/events. A description of the ILDA LSO course is at http://www.ilda.com/LSOcourse.htm.

Registration is $425 for current (2018) ILDA Members and $495 for non-members. This is the lowest pricing we offer; it will cost more at LDI in Las Vegas (October) and at the ILDA Conference in Montreal (November) due to the higher prices we pay for the facilities.

In addition, anyone who has already taken the ILDA LSO course and passed can register for free to sit in; this is like a "refresher course". A list of eligible persons is at http://www.ilda.com/LSOgraduates.html.

If you have any questions or problems, it is best to email or call me directly, since I don't regularly log in to PL. Reach me at mail@(4-letter initial of the organization).com or 407-797-7654.

Will do in the morning. Forgot p-card.