Thread: WTB: Kimmon HeCd power supply

Default WTB: Kimmon HeCd power supply

I bought some ions a couple months ago that included a gas intact Kimmon HeCd head with only ~330 hours on the tube, and I'd love to track down a power supply for it. The head is an IK3083R-D manufactured in 05/1999 and the sticker on top says it matches an IM1301C power supply. There is one on ebay right now for ~$300 shipped, but if anyone has one collecting dust that they'd part with for cheaper, drop me a PM! I'm in no hurry and would be down to grab it at SELEM if that's convenient too. Thanks!

I think Mo (Daedal) had a few of these. If he still does, I'm sure he'd be willing to sell them, as they were just gathering dust when he lived in Johnson City.

Gonna be difficult to track him down these days though (I haven't heard from him in a couple years myself, but I *think* he's back in Florida now). Anyone have a good e-mail / phone number for him?

Adam

Default Probably bad

These lasers don't store well. The tube is probably hopelessly overpressure if it has been sitting unused. Don't spend too much. Phil

- - - Updated - - -

These lasers don't store well. The tube is probably hopelessly overpressure if it has been sitting unused. Don't spend too much. Phil

PS It is also UV.....8 mW @ 325 nm is normal.
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Quote Originally Posted by 142laser View Post
    These lasers don't store well. The tube is probably hopelessly overpressure if it has been sitting unused.
    That's exactly what I'm afraid of too the head was a freebie, so I haven't blown the budget for what will probably be an artistic piece of glass (yet)! I do have a couple ideas for UV experiments if I can get it to lase, which would probably put some mirrors good to 325nm on my shopping list next. Fingers crossed that a free laser has some good luck attached to it!