Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any way to get LaserOS working on an EtherDream?

Anyone else downloaded the latest LaserOS and found the geometric correction controls have gone?
    Or have they hidden them somewhere obscure?
    Renders it almost completely useless for the stuff I wanted to do with it.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    The price went up considerably after the initial crowdfunding. Maybe it had something to do with losing their USA market share due to regs
    Ah.... Didn't know that they increased the price.

I knew that their idea of bundling a laser projector with the laser doc ended up falling through because of issues with the CDRH, but surely there's no issue with selling the laserdoc itself?

I know they did want to sell it really cheap so that it would get into the hands of a lot of people.
    Seems reasonable. Although maybe they were counting on the profit from the projector sales to offset the cheaper price of the LaserDoc? Still, I seem to remember that they had a crazy-low price on their projector as well. (Even though it never actually made it to market...)

At $200, I admit it's a bit of a stretch. You could get the Etherdream for the same price, and the Etherdream does more.

Adam

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

there are no issues with selling the dac as a standalone unit to plug into varianced projectors. laserdock is also directly supported as a dac through LSX / ildsos / lasercam.

the etherdream is a great dac (i've got a pile of them), but the laserdoc excels at sound to laser eye candy. i use mine in my living room quite often when i want laser projection, but don't want to deal with the hassle of show programming.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Ah.... Didn't know that they increased the price.

I knew that their idea of bundling a laser projector with the laser doc ended up falling through because of issues with the CDRH, but surely there's no issue with selling the laserdoc itself?

Seems reasonable. Although maybe they were counting on the profit from the projector sales to offset the cheaper price of the LaserDoc? Still, I seem to remember that they had a crazy-low price on their projector as well. (Even though it never actually made it to market...)

At $200, I admit it's a bit of a stretch. You could get the Etherdream for the same price, and the Etherdream does more.

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.