Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And now a SECOND FLEM for June 22nd-23rd!

Smile And now a SECOND FLEM for June 22nd-23rd!

Hey guys!

Already posted in the other thread, but I figured I'd start a new one with the new dates. I was going to move the dates for the first FLEM because Memorial Day Weekend is a bad time for a lot of people to try to get free to attend a laser enthusiast's meeting, but there are enough people committed to those dates now that we really need to keep that one. But I already got the boat club to pencil us in for June 22nd and 23rd, so I figured, "Why not do both?"

So, yeah... We're going to do TWO FLEMs just 4 weeks apart. If you can't make the one in May, then you've got another chance in June! Everything is booked and paid for, so start making plans now.

Schedule will be same as before: I'll get there Friday around Noon and start setting up. Figure on doing dinner Friday night around 7-ish. Saturday I'll be back in the venue by 9 AM, and we've got it all night if we want. We do need to be mindful of the new noise ordinance that was passed last December though. A wedding party got shut down in February because they were too loud and the folks across the river complained, so the cops showed up and kicked everyone out! (Don't want that to happen to us, so after 9 PM we need to keep the music turned down low.)

Are we crazy or what?

Adam

Its a long drive, but I am in active discussion with the Mrs. . .

Laserjock: Will you be there that weekend? If so, will you be bringing some quads? I have questions.

More to follow.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Cool! Let me know how that turns out. Pretty sure Jason is going to try to make it as well.

My guess is that Chris will be there, but I'll let him confirm that. I will be bringing my Vortex to both events for sure though. (Now is a really good time to pick one of those up, btw. See this post for details.)

Adam

Right at the moment I'm not traveling for work, but I'm not sure if I will make it to this one. I'll be able to say for sure when we get closer.

If I make it I will bring the quads.

I am planning on attending this one

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post

Laserjock: Will you be there that weekend? If so, will you be bringing some quads? I have questions.

More to follow.

-David
    David if it helps I can get my Mrs. to call your Mrs. and schedule a get together to free up your schedule.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I am planning on attending this one

David if it helps I can get my Mrs. to call your Mrs. and schedule a get together to free up your schedule.
    Maybe they and the kids can go camping for the weekend? Just no ladies nights! 😆

Send them to Disney while you stay in Tavares and play with lasers?

Adam

should be able to make it i think

I’ll be there! I expect the wife and kids will be camping or something with SaltyRobot’s wife and kids.

David

Cool! I'm going to bring my quads again. Maybe this time we'll have good weather and can fly outside some more. I should have a few other toys with me as well.

Adam