Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Presentations, Auditorium and Club SELEM Schedules

Default SELEM 2018 Presentations, Auditorium and Club SELEM Schedules

Please find below the updated SELEM 12 Presentation Schedule and Auditorium Show Schedule. I have incorporated the requests received to date, but as always, there are likely to be minor modifications during SELEM. Presenters: Please notify Adam Burns (Buffo) and myself of any errors or requested changes. If you aren't listed for a presentation or auditorium time-slot and wish to be, please let us know as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM 10 Auditorium Schedule (Hardcopy version).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	54395 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM 10 Presentation Schedule (Hardcopy version).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	54399

Note: The schedule for Club SELEM is published separately.

A warm thanks in advance to all of the presenters and folks showing content for taking their time to share with the other attendees. With your assistance, I think we are in for another epic SELEM! I can't wait!

-David

<Original Post>

SELEM is right around the corner and its past time to make the request for presentations and other items that we need to schedule to help everyone get the most out of their SELEM experience.

We are in the process of reaching out to prior year presenters and assembling the draft schedules which will be posted here shortly.

In the mean time, I wanted to provide you with a preview of the planned new presentations for this year as well as asking for your thoughts for other things you would like to see.

Here are a few of the highlights:

Laser Programming Round Table: This is a laid back open forum facilitated by Aron Bacs. In prior years, we highlighted how the 'big boys' did things in the early years of show programming and how it contrasts to new approaches that we employ today. It is a fascinating in-depth discussion for programmers, laserists and artists. It is typically scheduled for Wednesday evening so this may encourage some of you to show up to SELEM a bit earlier than you may have in prior years.

Fusion 360 Tutorial: This is a new presentation for 2018 that will be led by Adam Raugh from X-Laser. This presentation will provide you with the basics of 3D CAD design using a program that is free for most of us. Fusion 360 is used by the X-Laser family for their projector designs and has some great features for those of us who have a 'need to CAD'.

Introduction to Mercury: Another new presentation by Adam Raugh, Mercury brings sophisticated laser control to Light Designers (LDs) and other folks who traditionally employ a lighting desk to control their equipment. I've seen talented LDs create nice choreographed laser shows in minutes rather than months, so definitely something exciting to check out.

Returning Favorites: Several of the highly attended presentations/events will be repeated this year as well including the almost-mandatory "What's New at Pangolin?" as well as the "Z-5 Analog Console Demo", "Pangolin Beyond Live", "RC flying", "LSX Tutorials & Tricks" and more.

Abstract Friday: Something new and exciting we are introducing this year is a series of live and choreographed abstract sessions. It will be staged in the auditorium with several people will be participating though-out the day and into the "wee-hours". I'm sure it will be a blast!

What else? Is there something you would like to present or want to learn about this year? Please speak up here so we can discuss how to accommodate.

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-07-2018 at 03:05. Reason: Added Draft Schedules
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

How about a personal finance seminar on, "How to survive the laser addiction."
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Do you know anyone who could lead this discussion, because I don't!
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

only the deceased can adequately guide such discussion.. mid night full moon ......

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Not possible. No proof exists.

Adam

If it is still being used, I would love to see an explanation of ipad apps that can control the laser

Like Touch OSC or Lemur or ???

for us noobs here

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i use touchOSC for some LSX control. i think it's also supported by Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by icecruncher View Post
    If it is still being used, I would love to see an explanation of ipad apps that can control the laser

Like Touch OSC or Lemur or ???

for us noobs here
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I think Aaron (Allthatwhichis) had the Touch-OSC software working with Beyond and either his phone or his tablet... I'll check with him and see if he would be willing to do a short demonstration/tutorial.

Also, I think DZ had Touch-OSC working on at least one device, because I remember him using that with the Advanced ILDA Router at a previous meet. I'll see what he says...

Andrew from X-Laser has offered to put on a short electronics discussion about how to use op-amps effectively with ILDA signals. And there may be another scanner-tuning demonstration (complete with notch-filter adjustment) depending on interest level...

Adam

that sounds awesome