Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a DMX controllable single beam laser for bounce mirrors??

Question Looking for a DMX controllable single beam laser for bounce mirrors??

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes something like this? I know that KVANT has a waterproof RGB laser system like this, but it's priced pretty steep. I would really love a DMX controlled, single beam RGB system that i can mount for bounce mirrors that isn't gonna break the bank. probably under 3 watts...??

There should be several Projectors to choose from. Also legal for US use. X-lasers USA and many china models like Goldenstar midified for use in the US. Just read on or search for Goldenstar.

The other aproach is to build the modules yourself. It will take some basic skills, but if you are above midrange interested in electronics, i think you can manage.

Espen
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

I'm interested to own such RGB single beam RGB modules, but I'm afraid there isn't such things on the market yet so I planned to build them myself.

May not be that cheap though, I bet somewhere 1.5-2k€ each...

Though you can find single color modules already on the market, for example by Sollinger (Laser Grid).

At X-Laser we do these by special order, unfortunately in small quantities we are likely not priced efficiently for this. That would change if folks were interested in a group buy or something.

As far as single head RGB systems out there, there's Image Engineering's Vector Node:
    http://lightvectorlasers.com/wp-cont...ector-Node.pdf

Lightline had a version for a while too but I forget what it was called and it's not on their site. The sollinger lasergrid is very nice, but single color only.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that vector node is cute. shame it's so blue heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    At X-Laser we do these by special order, unfortunately in small quantities we are likely not priced efficiently for this. That would change if folks were interested in a group buy or something.

As far as single head RGB systems out there, there's Image Engineering's Vector Node:
    http://lightvectorlasers.com/wp-cont...ector-Node.pdf

Lightline had a version for a while too but I forget what it was called and it's not on their site. The sollinger lasergrid is very nice, but single color only.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yeah, that's the thing about any 1W RGB system out there these days. Manufacturers have the choice to either go blue heavy and hit the 1W mark with 3 diodes at the same price point as everyone else, or we can use 4-5 diodes and get way better color balance, but now people complain about the laser being too expensive for "just one watt". Double edged sword.

How much does Image Engineering charge for one of their Vector node systems? (System being 1 node + the hub/router/controller thing...)

Adam

I have no clue, probably somewhere in the 1-2K USD range but that's a wild ass guess on my part based on some of their other pricing.

Hi,
    i am just in contact with sbk by Mail.
    I think a chinese RGB Moduk should be OK for Single Beams / Grating Usage. No Matter if the Beam is 3.5 or 5.5mm. The Beams Alignment should be ok...sure.
    We think about a Little PCB with 8-24V DC Supply, DipSwitch for DMX Start Adress , DMX In and 4 analog Out 0..5V DC , maybe some N-Channel Mosfets for Beamswitches.
    Not hard to realize, Price depends on how many pieces..
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4Ch_Demux.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	54313

First Shot...55x41mm, DMX 4Ch. to 0..5V Analog with 8 Bit Resolution.

Based on a 32Ch. Custom Project...so Firmware exists. Incl. "All Off" if DMX Signal Fails.

2Pin: DC 7..24V
    4Pin: Analog Out
    3Pin: DMX In
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de