Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NELEM V September 29, 2018!

Default NELEM V September 29, 2018!

NELEM V--September 29, 2017

NELEM V !

Once again I'll be hosting a laser meet at my place September 29, 540 Main Street, West Newbury MA. Two years ago we had a great time with Andrew, Gabe and myself providing lasers, lights, and wonderful programming.

We will again have a pig roast with all the fixing's and libations.

I'll be bringing my 3, 25 watt rigs, the Gort Rig (robot with a laser inside, 25 watts) and a new 40 watt monster that I'm currently building. Andrew has 10, 15 watt rigs, and Gabe and I will provided programming.

Come enjoy the fun and the wonderful fall colors of New England!

last time:
    https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...October-2-2016

See you there!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

For any that have not gone, this is a fantastic time and ranks up there as one of my favorite laser related experiences. Regrettably I'm jammed that weekend with events Friday, Sat and Sunday but... SOMEday I hope to do this again.
    PM Sent...

Wow, Brad, thanks for the ringing endorsement. It was a lot of fun in the past, and I hope people in the area can come.

I'll try to make it up again this year. It's always a blast.

You guys really should try to bring your awesome gear to SELEM some year. People would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I'll try to make it up again this year. It's always a blast.

You guys really should try to bring your awesome gear to SELEM some year. People would love to see it.
    The plan is to retire from my current job in 2020 and make the trip to SELEM then. Right now I have built 5 high-power (current one 40 watts, pics soon!) RGB rigs, one that fits into an 8 foot replica of Gort from "The Day The Earth Stood Still:" all Arduino based, WiFi enabled, PID fan water cooling, -30C red cooled, both single mode and mulitmode. So those rigs will join 10, 12 watt Lightspace units that Andrew will bring, and Gabe, Andrew, and I will provide content. Got the pig and beer ordered, the fire pit and wood are laid up. Always good weather at the end of September. Should be fun!

Ok, so I’ve been lurking on this forum for about a year. I’m looking to pick up a significant amount of equipment for a community arts project here in Detroit that is my heart and soul. I’ve been advised to attend this rather than ILDA because even though I’ve done a ton of research I have absolute zero hands on expierience. So, I hope you don’t mind a total newb coming. :-)

No not at all. Been very busy getting things ready. Working on completing a rebuild of an old X-laser rig with super cooled single mode reds (-30C). Gabe and Andrew are definitely making it. Hopefully Brad can dig up a show from three years ago and send it to me. Just 3 weeks to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    No not at all. Been very busy getting things ready. Working on completing a rebuild of an old X-laser rig with super cooled single mode reds (-30C). Gabe and Andrew are definitely making it. Hopefully Brad can dig up a show from three years ago and send it to me. Just 3 weeks to go!
    I brought it to work to e-mail to you today. I also referred Andrew to you as I know he'll be in good hands.
    PM Sent...

Awesome! Thanks Brad! Andrew is more than welcome. He will get a great education!

E-mail sent. It was too big as an attachment so, G-mail provided a link to Google Drive.
    PM Sent...