Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Glow in the Dark Lasering (The Next Generation)

Shame you couldn't come to SELEM this year, Greg. David had this set up in the entrance area behind the auditorium (basically behind the sound booth). He had it running pretty much non-stop and people could just walk back there and view it. Amazing!

*Lots* of people got to see it, and everyone thought it was really cool. I'm sure he will bring it again next year.

Adam

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Greg, I really hope you can make it back to SELEM next year.

I'm having fun with this stuff and think it is easy, albeit time-consuming to make the content. Hopefully I convinced a few others to have a go at making more GITD art / frames / projectors.

On that note, if anyone has content (LSX or ILDA exports), but not a GITD screen/projector, please feel encouraged to reach out to me if you want to see what it looks like rendered.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thanks David - I hope to attend a FLEM or something before too much longer.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Thou must attend. It is mandatory.....

Greg has been to SELEM a few times in the past, but due to time pressures he's been unable to make it back for the past several events.

I've been working on getting him to come next year though! Need to have a repeat of his Lumia presentation...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Now that's a damn good idea! (You have a lot of those.) I have a remote control screen that I could convert to DMX and mount a bar of deep red and let the screen drop and return with the light on whenever I want to erase. The bar would be hidden behind the screen so it wouldn't screw up the aesthetics of the room.
    Another option, paint onto clear acrylic for the screen instead of fabric. Then use an LED flood from the back.

Cool Another source of glow material

Hi all, just saw this car wrap sheet on Amazon.
    http://a.co/d/iyFuxW6
    VViViD Glow in the Dark Car Wrap Vinyl 5ft x 9ft Roll with bubble and air Free Channel Tech DIY
    Price: $170.58 + $8.98 shipping

That's interesting, Dan. The vinyl I've seen is pretty good stuff with an even glow distribution, but I think it is all the short lived zinc sulfide based stuff. For a car, I'd think that an hour after sunset, you wouldn't see any more glow, perhaps less as that vinyl is probably pretty thin if it has to adhere to a car. I don't think it would be a replacement for paint for walls, but it may be viable for covering objects (e.g. a glass tabletop) where you don't want to have the effect last as long as the earth metal aluminate based paints.

Quote Originally Posted by DanBarlow View Post
    Hi all, just saw this car wrap sheet on Amazon.
    http://a.co/d/iyFuxW6
    VViViD Glow in the Dark Car Wrap Vinyl 5ft x 9ft Roll with bubble and air Free Channel Tech DIY
    Price: $170.58 + $8.98 shipping
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"