Thread: Laser Manual Compendium

Default Laser Manual Compendium

Had an idea today. I really like finding copies of old laser manuals. But rarely, when one finds older surplus laser system, are the manuals included. Usually when the labs are auctioned, the paper documents go one way, and the actual equipment go another. I have found quite a few older laser manuals over the years and I would like to make them available to anybody on this forum. Some I paid for, and some were free, all are rare. Yet, I have found, and I’m sure everyone will agree, that having those precious docs, make the laser operating experience oh so much better. I’m not sure exactly how we could do it. Maybe create an ongoing forum post that each one of us would post to, just listing which ones we have. Or perhaps, create a central compendium of all of our uploaded/pdf’d manuals, maybe on a google drive or something similar? What do y’all think?

It's funny you bring this up, I was literally just working on bringing the FTP back up. It contains a number of docs and I'm sure more would be welcome.

Still working through the permissions to make sure its usable, but until then if you want to start a thread with docs/attachments like you stated then I will be glad to sticky it and move the contents as needed in the future.

Theres also a wiki but the login system for users here is currently broken due to a php update. Ideally they could live there but I'd be fine with a hard link in the wiki to the forum/ftp here.

Awesome. I will kick it off with a new forum post with links once I have all my manuals scanned and uploaded.

Sounds like a good plan, I have a few I can upload.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleGas View Post
    Sounds like a good plan, I have a few I can upload.

I'd estimate 2 weeks of eight hour days (no lunch!) with a good photocopier type scanner to make pdfs of most of my collection.
    The odd sized stuff would be difficult to digitize. The factory ion service and construction manuals have hundreds of pages.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

... sound's like an excellent idea!

Have not this much, but can add some manuals and data sheets of IPG-fiberlasers and a Baasel-Lasertech Galvoscanner controller (complete electronics) ... and some application infos for material processing with lasers ...

Viktor

Would be happy to chip in time/energy to scan documents for such a collection.

I have access to blueprint/CAD drawing scanners at work. Can handle documents up to 3' wide, and virtually unlimited length. That should cover any of the schematics or drawings we'd encounter.

I'm looking for a service manual or two myself, so I can maintain my growing family of I70's properly.

Have some manuals I could add to the collection, too.