Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pondering Lumia Wheels, 3D Plastic & Torture Tubes - Another Round for Sale?

Laser Friends,

I did some digging. Here’s a YouTube video from DZ (posted years back) showing the effect of the lumia pattern glass that I use. All credits to David on this. I hope my posting this is ok. Thx David!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ppkL6-QAnLQ

Photos - 1) HeNe/Ar laser lumia, 2) 2” wheel, motor and mount

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54969124-A7FD-49D9-B122-FE08FB657AF3.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	793.1 KB 
ID:	54495
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	126A4070-F2C6-4E4A-8C28-ECDE3A3B86DC.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	54496

More to follow...

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by Displaser; 08-25-2018 at 13:57.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Hey Greg! I have bought lumia wheels (2011) and lenticular gratings (2013) from you, and have enjoyed the quality effects they produce.

I'd love to get my hands on some torture tubes and would certainly buy a few if you make more!
    Pointers
    O-Like 532@100mW & 650@200mW
    Survival Laser 445@1.1W
    Projectors
    Homemade Variable RPM Lumia Box 405@500mW & 532@100mW & 650@200mW & 460@1.3W
    Kvant CM6000 with ScannerMAX 506 30-40k galvos - 637@1.3W & 532@1.8W & 445@3W + DMX Lumia Gratings
    Self-Repaired 532@500mW + Pangolin FB3, Chinese Galvos, Analog Modulation
    Tools & Software
    Radiator Laser Synthesizer
    LaserBee USB 2.5W thermopile meter
    Spaghetti, RIYA Multibus Lite
    Pangolin QuickShow, Beyond Advanced, integrated FB4

I'd be interested in a few also.

Hi Greg,

I'm very much interested in buying torture tubes and lumia wheels, both alone and with mounted motors. I can't wait to build a few after seeing Lasing Nang Talung.

If you could provide any insight in how the tubes or discs are made that would be fantastic. I have been visiting a commercial glass studio lately and have access to a variety of tools, kilns, and torches.

Thanks,
    Brad

Default Lumia disks coming soon from MondoDyne Photonics

I'm Mike Gould, the creator of Lasing Nang Talung; I am incredibly glad you found inspiration there.

I am in the process of gearing up a small company that will sell Hereditary-style Wobbulators and lumia disks.
    I am creating these at the the photonics facility here at St. Wilfred's Lumentic Institute.
    I will have the website up shortly and will post that here.

Shoot me a PM about torture tubes, I can probably get one to you.

Thanks for watching...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Laser Friends,

After a 4+ year hiatus, I’m thinking about making another batch of lumia wheels, 3D plastic sheeting and torture tubes, all the same as before. Those that saw the last batches can attest to my quality and the nice effects I have been able to locate.

Pricing will be affordable, as I never did these to make a bunch of coin. What really adds to the cost will be the slow rotation motors if anyone wants a complete 12vdc plug n’ play solution from me.

Please let me know if there is still enough demand out there to warrant my setting my rig up again. Spares may be a good idea, as I prefer to work wth glass usually. Fragile, but the effects are sweet.

By the way, you can cut tempered glass - if you have a glass saw. I’m not using any tempered glass in my wheels, but it may be worth looking at this again, as I can cut it.

Please let me know if you are interested. I’ll post some anticipated prices soon.

Thanks,
    Greg
    i have been away for a while but am accumulating lumia material put me down as interested

I loved the torture tubes and the interactions with the beam passing through both sides of the tubes. Then move the Y axis ever so slightly and the patterns would not repeat. Lower the voltage to a stop and then reverse it, and hear the occasional whispered “wow” from the audience.

Default Lumia at SELEM

HI folks;

I will be bringing my lumia rig to SELEM this year, along with Wobbulators, discs, T-tubes, and motors for sale.

Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out the Wobbulator training video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLzEkeQGJaA

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Default Displaser Lumia, Torture Tube & 3D Group Buy - Prices

Friends,

After acquiring quite a bit of the proper glass and other parts, I’d like to offer up a “Group Buy” on the lumia wheels, as it’s easier for me to make these in a couple of passes rather than just one or two. These are the exact same lumia wheels that many on the forum received from me before.

I’ll make a 4” glass lumia wheel, epoxied to an aluminum hub with set screw (6mm gear motor shaft) for $38 each shipped in the US wherever the small box flat-rate USPS Priority applies (at the current $7.90 price, barring any USPS price increase). I’ll include a torture tube and a 3D plastic sheet (you cut your own 3D wheel) for everyone that orders a lumia wheel as part of a group buy in June 2019. This DOES NOT include a gear motor or mounting bracket - there’s no reason for me to reship what you can buy on Amazon or Servocity for another $20-$30. Any gear motor of your preferred speed (1-2rpm) with a 6mm shaft will work.

This is a 4” ground glass wheel (no sharp edges) etched, epoxied and centered on spun aluminum mounting hub, Masonite and bubble wrapped to protect everything, shipped in the Continental US. If you want more than one, are outside of the US or want something slightly different, we can work it out - please let me know.

I don’t know that I’ll be at SELEM this year, so this is my best time to get a wheel to you if you are interested. Please PM me if you want one and I’ll send the PAYPAL details in my reply.

Thanks,
    Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon