Thread: SELEM 2018 DJs

Default SELEM 2018 DJs

Hey all,

I am help coordinate the DJ schedule for Club SELEM this year.

PM or post if you want to play a set. I was also thinking that people who are not DJs could create an hour long playlist of music they want lasers performed to in the club environment. I am not attached to this idea if y'all hate it, but it might facilitate more people getting involved in the club scene. Let me know your thoughts.

-Sal

Mark me down for an hour of live modular synthesizer music. Not necessarily dance music, but some kind of laser-friendly musical journey. I'm also up for filling in any DJ set times in the techno, tech-house, house, deep house, and psytrance spectrum. I'd prefer to go for darker, deeper, moodier vibes and let other DJs cover higher energy stuff.

I'm bringing a Traktor setup with two D2 controllers and an Allen & Heath XONE DB4 mixer that other DJs are welcome to try.

I will also have about 1T of music with me (primarily full sets) covering a huge range of dance/electronic music subgenres, so we will have plenty of options to fill slots when nobody is spinning. From that collection I've been setting aside sets that would be especially fitting for Club SELEM - not only because they were particularly good (and enjoyable for people who may not be dance music fanatics), but also because they do a great job of pulling you into the groove for playing live.

Sal - if you have any slots that you'd like to fill with a certain genre/feel, lmk and I'll have lots of options! I have at least a couple hours of stuff that I think you all would really enjoy, and definitely want to squeeze in somewhere. Can't wait!

Also, is there any way I can reserve 6' of table space?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Live_Setup_20180802.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	54377
    Last edited by Afturmath; 08-02-2018 at 18:45.

If you can bring a folding table, please do so. (That goes for everyone!) We will have some more tables available this year thanks to a stash of old wooden banquet tables that we just learned have been stored in the basement. But even so, table space is always in short supply at SELEM. So if you have one, be sure to pack it.

For anyone setting up DJ equipment in Club-SELEM, please try to be present during load-in on Tuesday so we can make sure there is enough space for your gear. It's very hard to move things in that space once they're laid out and cables have been run...

Adam

@Afturmath, that is quite the setup and I am looking forward to hearing you get your groove on.